Amex cardholders now get free access to co-working spaces and member clubs — here’s how
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Welcome to the world of members-only clubs and co-working spaces.
While many of these businesses took a major hit during the pandemic, they are now reopening – and you can experience some of them free of charge as an Amex cardholder.
Amex is introducing a partnership with ONDA, a membership-based platform that provides access to over 100 private member clubs, co-working spaces and health clubs around the world.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
How it works
New ONDA customers with any Amex U.S. consumer card can enroll in a complimentary 60-day trial ONDA membership (valued at $192), which will automatically renew unless canceled. You must enroll through this link.
ONDA allows members to use each facility in their network up to three times per year. Any additional visits require a surcharge. The same applies to those with a 60-day trial membership. The nice thing about this trial is that you can bring up to three guests with you on each visit.
The digital nomad lifestyle is increasingly enticing. In a recent Amex survey, 54% of respondents said that the freedom and flexibility of living and working while traveling the globe are more appealing now than before the pandemic.
I live near several New York City co-working spaces, so I’m looking forward to giving the ONDA membership a test drive, especially after largely working out of my studio apartment for over a year.
Where you can find ONDA venues
Here’s a look at some of the co-working spaces, members clubs and health clubs that are in the ONDA network. For a full list of the 100+ ONDA venues globally, click here.
New York City
- Blender Workspace (Co-working)
- Camp David (Co-working)
- The New Work Project (Co-working)
- The Yard, Gowanus (Co-working)
- The Yard, South Williamsburg (Co-working)
- The Yard, Williamsburg (Co-working)
- City Club LA (Members club)
- Griffin Club (Health club)
- Ignited Spaces, Downtown LA (Co-working)
- Ignited Spaces, Hollywood (Co-working)
- Rita House (Co-working)
- Village Workspaces, West LA (Co-working)
- 12 Hay Hill (Co-working)
- Arboretum (Members club)
- Cloud 12 (Health club)
- Eight Club Bank (Members club)
- Eight Club Moorgate (Members club)
- Fora, Borough (Co-working)
- Fora, Clerkenwell (Co-working)
- Fora, Fitzrovia (Co-working)
- Home Grown (Members club)
- ONDA (Members club)
- The Collective (Co-working)
- Oru (Co-working)
- The Yard, Philadelphia (Co-working)
In a world where remote work will continue to be prevalent, this Amex partnership will allow cardholders to try out a unique service while at home or on the road.
Prior to the pandemic, those with The Business Platinum Card® from American Express had access to a one-year WeWork membership. That benefit has since ended but now, all consumer Amex cardholders can see if select co-working and member clubs are right for them before fully committing.
Featured photo of the Griffin Club LA courtesy of ONDA.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees