Potentially save up to $55 on your cellphone bill with new Amex Offers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Amex Offers are a very easy way for your American Express cards to save you money with almost zero additional time or effort spent on your part. There are usually 100+ Amex Offers available at any one time across many Amex cards, and while many are probably for stores where you don’t have an immediately-planned expense, others are for retailers or broad spending categories that are pretty common.
As spotted by Doctor of Credit, right now there are a couple of very valuable money-saving cellphone-related Amex Offers available on many Amex small-business credit cards. This includes cards such as the Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
Related: The best Amex credit cards of 2020
The two versions of cellphone Amex Offers we spotted today in our online Amex accounts are:
- Get 15% back via a statement credit on your online U.S. wireless cellphone bill, up to $35. Valid until May 20.
- Spend three times on an online U.S. wireless cellphone bill, get a $55 statement credit. Valid until June 20.
With the 15% back version, charging $235 of an eligible online cellphone bill to your registered Amex card would do the trick to trigger the full $35 statement credit.
Via the $55 version of the offer, you just need to make three eligible online payments. However, there are no minimum payment amounts attached to trigger the bonus. I’m not going to say that’s free money, but like, it’s really close.
Related: Guide to Amex Offers
Outside of these Amex Offers, keep in mind that some credit cards are better than others for ongoing cellphone expenses. For example, the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card awards 3x points on cellphone charges and offers $600 in protections if your phone is lost or damaged, as long as the monthly bill is charged to that card. Meanwhile, the Ink Business Cash Credit Card awards 5x on cellphone, cable, internet and office supply stores (on up to $25,000 annually, then 1x).
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees