Potentially save up to $55 on your cellphone bill with new Amex Offers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Offers are a very easy way for your American Express cards to save you money with almost zero additional time or effort spent on your part. There are usually 100+ Amex Offers available at any one time across many Amex cards, and while many are probably for stores where you don’t have an immediately-planned expense, others are for retailers or broad spending categories that are pretty common.
As spotted by Doctor of Credit, right now there are a couple of very valuable money-saving cellphone-related Amex Offers available on many Amex small-business credit cards. This includes cards such as the Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
Related: The best Amex credit cards of 2020
The two versions of cellphone Amex Offers we spotted today in our online Amex accounts are:
- Get 15% back via a statement credit on your online U.S. wireless cellphone bill, up to $35. Valid until May 20.
- Spend three times on an online U.S. wireless cellphone bill, get a $55 statement credit. Valid until June 20.
With the 15% back version, charging $235 of an eligible online cellphone bill to your registered Amex card would do the trick to trigger the full $35 statement credit.
Via the $55 version of the offer, you just need to make three eligible online payments. However, there are no minimum payment amounts attached to trigger the bonus. I’m not going to say that’s free money, but like, it’s really close.
Related: Guide to Amex Offers
Outside of these Amex Offers, keep in mind that some credit cards are better than others for ongoing cellphone expenses. For example, the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card awards 3x points on cellphone charges and offers $600 in protections if your phone is lost or damaged, as long as the monthly bill is charged to that card. Meanwhile, the Ink Business Cash Credit Card awards 5x on cellphone, cable, internet and office supply stores (on up to $25,000 annually, then 1x). The information for the Ink Business Cash, Ink Business Preferred has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.