This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express and Air France-KLM are partnering to offer targeted cardholders a couple of great Amex Offers. With each of the two separate Amex Offers, you can get 20,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $1,000 or more with Air France or KLM.
Some members of the TPG team were targeted for only one of the offers on an account, while others were targeted for both Air France and KLM. For both offers, if you were targeted, you must add it to your card and spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more eligible transactions directly with the respective carrier. According to the terms and conditions, you must make the purchase through the US version of the airline website.
Here’s the KLM offer:
… And the Air France offer:
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, which peg Membership Rewards points at 1.9 cents apiece, the 20,000 Membership Rewards points are worth $380. If you’re targeted for both of the promotions, enroll and successfully meet the spending requirements, you’ll walk away with 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards points, worth $760 — a great return on your purchase. Plus, you’ll earn bonus points per dollar spent on the airfare — 5x if you book with the Platinum Card from American Express.
Keep in mind that both of these particular offers expire on July 31, 2018.
Featured image by Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees