American Airlines Will Begin Offering Free Booze As Main Cabin Extras in June
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines has finally announced a launch date for its Main Cabin Extra enhancements; namely, the “free alcohol” portion of the upgrade.
It turns out that “enhanced bin access” simply means that the bins over Main Cabin Extra seats will bear notices that the bins are reserved for MCE guests. However, flight attendants are not required to monitor the bins or ensure access is limited to the right travelers. The placards for MCE bins went live early in February, and now the bonus drink service is set to follow on June 5, TPG confirmed with American Airlines.
As far as the free alcohol goes, there will be complimentary beer, wine and spirits available. Back in January, JT confirmed with American Airlines that the free drink benefit would apply to all seats treated as Main Cabin Extra — including bulkheads and exit rows. There will be no additional snack service for these customers.
Previously reported by JT Genter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.