This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines has finally announced a launch date for its Main Cabin Extra enhancements; namely, the “free alcohol” portion of the upgrade.
It turns out that “enhanced bin access” simply means that the bins over Main Cabin Extra seats will bear notices that the bins are reserved for MCE guests. However, flight attendants are not required to monitor the bins or ensure access is limited to the right travelers. The placards for MCE bins went live early in February, and now the bonus drink service is set to follow on June 5, TPG confirmed with American Airlines.
As far as the free alcohol goes, there will be complimentary beer, wine and spirits available. Back in January, JT confirmed with American Airlines that the free drink benefit would apply to all seats treated as Main Cabin Extra — including bulkheads and exit rows. There will be no additional snack service for these customers.
Previously reported by JT Genter.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees