UPDATE: American Airlines confirms test allowing elites to purchase access to Flagship Dining
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated to reflect a new test price for Flagship lounge access.
American Airlines has apparently lowered the price in a test it’s conducting that allows some elites to purchase access to the Flagship lounge in Dallas. It’s now going for $100 instead of $150.
American Airlines previously confirmed to The Points Guy it is testing a plan that would allow Executive Platinum and Concierge Key members of its AAdvantage loyalty program to purchase access to the Flagship First Dining area of its Admirals Club at DFW.
American spokeswoman Gianna Urgo said:
“..we are testing an option to expand access to a broader audience of customers who are eligible for Flagship Lounge access but not Flagship First Dining. ConciergeKey and Executive Platinum customers traveling on American on long-haul international and eligible transcontinental flights will have the option to purchase access to the DFW Flagship First Dining facility … We will determine future plans upon completion of the test, which will last approximately three months.”
Traditionally, Flagship First dining rooms were only open to passengers flying first class on one of America’s few routes that offer both first- and business-class cabins. Those flights include 15 long-haul international and transcontinental flights with Flagship First cabins, including flights from New York (JFK) to London and São Paulo (GRU); JFK to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO); Dallas Fort-Worth (DFW) to Hong Kong (HKG); and LAX to Tokyo Haneda (HND) among others. See our complete guide to Flagship First here.
At $100 bucks it’s a big splurge, but it might make sense if you have a long layover or feel like living like a prince for a day. Inside, you’ll get table service with several courses and a menu that offers something for everyone. American describes it as “elevated sit-down service, chef-inspired dishes, locally sourced ingredients and signature wines.”
Take a look at what it was like for The Points Guy when he tried it in early 2019:
News of the test program appears to have been first reported on Twitter by @JonNYC.
Featured photo of Flagship First dining room by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees