American Airlines Updates Wine Offerings at Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounges
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is refreshing its wine lineup this month for customers visiting Admirals Club lounges, Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining.
For visitors to American’s Admirals Clubs, the complimentary offerings will now come from two new “custom-designed” wines that have been exclusively made for the airline by Bobby Stuckey, one of American’s master sommeliers. The wines will be under the labels Veloce Rosso and Veloce Bianco.
American also is rolling out new options for its Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining. Scroll down to see the full list of updated options for Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA) and New York JFK.
If you’re visiting one of the Flagship Lounges, the wine selection include the be the whites and reds broken out separately; wines listed under Flagship First Dining Collection are served only with the meal service. The champagne served in Flagship Lounge is Bessarat.
“We’re diligent in offering a broad selection of wines so that every wine drinker can find something they like when traveling,” Stuckey said in a statement. “We look at it more like putting together a restaurant wine-by-the-glass menu. Customers can go for a great glass of Champagne or a full-bodied red and everything in between.”
Stuckey, along with Desmond Echavarrie, is one of two master sommeliers on American’s staff. There are only 255 professionals worldwide who have earned that title, according to the carrier.
The new options being introduced this month are expected to remain on offer at least through the end of 2019.
Featured image by Scott Warman/Unsplash
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees