American Airlines Updates Wine Offerings at Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounges
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is refreshing its wine lineup this month for customers visiting Admirals Club lounges, Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining.
For visitors to American’s Admirals Clubs, the complimentary offerings will now come from two new “custom-designed” wines that have been exclusively made for the airline by Bobby Stuckey, one of American’s master sommeliers. The wines will be under the labels Veloce Rosso and Veloce Bianco.
American also is rolling out new options for its Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining. Scroll down to see the full list of updated options for Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA) and New York JFK.
If you’re visiting one of the Flagship Lounges, the wine selection include the be the whites and reds broken out separately; wines listed under Flagship First Dining Collection are served only with the meal service. The champagne served in Flagship Lounge is Bessarat.
“We’re diligent in offering a broad selection of wines so that every wine drinker can find something they like when traveling,” Stuckey said in a statement. “We look at it more like putting together a restaurant wine-by-the-glass menu. Customers can go for a great glass of Champagne or a full-bodied red and everything in between.”
Stuckey, along with Desmond Echavarrie, is one of two master sommeliers on American’s staff. There are only 255 professionals worldwide who have earned that title, according to the carrier.
The new options being introduced this month are expected to remain on offer at least through the end of 2019.
Featured image by Scott Warman/Unsplash
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.