Join Alex Trebek on a Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari in Arctic Canada
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
That oddly specific dream you had of surveying the Canadian Arctic Coast with Alex Trebek and a couple of narwhals is about to come true.
It turns out that the beloved (and recently bearded) “Jeopardy!” host is also the Honorary President of the Royal Canadian Geographic Society (RCGS), and, in conjunction with Arctic Kingdom, will be embarking on a week-long excursion to the northern section of Canada’s Baffin Island. So who is joining him? 16 willing participants — one of whom could be you.
“The alliance with Arctic Kingdom gives Canadians a hands-on experience as they explore Canada’s High Arctic safely but still have the adventure of a lifetime,” said John Geiger, CEO of the RCGS and Canadian Geographic Enterprises. “We are thrilled that Alex Trebek has agreed to join the inaugural 2019 Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari and share his enthusiasm for Canada’s North.”
The trip, officially called the “Narwhal & Polar Bear Safari,” will take visitors to floe edge, which was nicknamed “line of life” for its abundant animal population. Visitors will then experience the company of belugas, narwhals and seals among a multitude of other wildlife marvels. Expeditioners also get to spend time under the 24-hour Midnight Sun, snorkel, kayak and drink tea made of water from ancient melted glaciers.
So, if this trip sounds like something you’d be interested in, mark your calendar for the week of June 19, 2019. The total cost for the seven-day experience comes out to about $10,400 USD ($13,540 CAD) plus tax and includes dining and accommodation along the Arctic Beach. June is the peak season for travel on Baffin Island due to the surge in animal population and warmer temperatures, however, there are other dates available throughout the month of May as well.
Featured image by Emma McIntyre via Getty Images for TCM
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.