Join Alex Trebek on a Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari in Arctic Canada
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
That oddly specific dream you had of surveying the Canadian Arctic Coast with Alex Trebek and a couple of narwhals is about to come true.
It turns out that the beloved (and recently bearded) “Jeopardy!” host is also the Honorary President of the Royal Canadian Geographic Society (RCGS), and, in conjunction with Arctic Kingdom, will be embarking on a week-long excursion to the northern section of Canada’s Baffin Island. So who is joining him? 16 willing participants — one of whom could be you.
“The alliance with Arctic Kingdom gives Canadians a hands-on experience as they explore Canada’s High Arctic safely but still have the adventure of a lifetime,” said John Geiger, CEO of the RCGS and Canadian Geographic Enterprises. “We are thrilled that Alex Trebek has agreed to join the inaugural 2019 Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari and share his enthusiasm for Canada’s North.”
The trip, officially called the “Narwhal & Polar Bear Safari,” will take visitors to floe edge, which was nicknamed “line of life” for its abundant animal population. Visitors will then experience the company of belugas, narwhals and seals among a multitude of other wildlife marvels. Expeditioners also get to spend time under the 24-hour Midnight Sun, snorkel, kayak and drink tea made of water from ancient melted glaciers.
So, if this trip sounds like something you’d be interested in, mark your calendar for the week of June 19, 2019. The total cost for the seven-day experience comes out to about $10,400 USD ($13,540 CAD) plus tax and includes dining and accommodation along the Arctic Beach. June is the peak season for travel on Baffin Island due to the surge in animal population and warmer temperatures, however, there are other dates available throughout the month of May as well.
Featured image by Emma McIntyre via Getty Images for TCM
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees