Join Alex Trebek on a Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari in Arctic Canada
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
That oddly specific dream you had of surveying the Canadian Arctic Coast with Alex Trebek and a couple of narwhals is about to come true.
It turns out that the beloved (and recently bearded) “Jeopardy!” host is also the Honorary President of the Royal Canadian Geographic Society (RCGS), and, in conjunction with Arctic Kingdom, will be embarking on a week-long excursion to the northern section of Canada’s Baffin Island. So who is joining him? 16 willing participants — one of whom could be you.
“The alliance with Arctic Kingdom gives Canadians a hands-on experience as they explore Canada’s High Arctic safely but still have the adventure of a lifetime,” said John Geiger, CEO of the RCGS and Canadian Geographic Enterprises. “We are thrilled that Alex Trebek has agreed to join the inaugural 2019 Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari and share his enthusiasm for Canada’s North.”
The trip, officially called the “Narwhal & Polar Bear Safari,” will take visitors to floe edge, which was nicknamed “line of life” for its abundant animal population. Visitors will then experience the company of belugas, narwhals and seals among a multitude of other wildlife marvels. Expeditioners also get to spend time under the 24-hour Midnight Sun, snorkel, kayak and drink tea made of water from ancient melted glaciers.
So, if this trip sounds like something you’d be interested in, mark your calendar for the week of June 19, 2019. The total cost for the seven-day experience comes out to about $10,400 USD ($13,540 CAD) plus tax and includes dining and accommodation along the Arctic Beach. June is the peak season for travel on Baffin Island due to the surge in animal population and warmer temperatures, however, there are other dates available throughout the month of May as well.
Featured image by Emma McIntyre via Getty Images for TCM
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees