This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines is making some customer-friendly changes to its same-day change policy — but only for some of its elite members. Now, Mileage Plan members with MVP Gold or MVP Gold 75K status can change their reservation beginning at check-in.
Previously, all Alaska flyers could not change their flights until six hours before the new flight, and for redeye flights (between 12:00am and 3:59am), you could only rebook on a new flight as early as 10:00pm. MVP Gold and Gold 75K members previously could request changes at 10:00pm the night before the day of departure, and for any flight departing on the same day.
Travel Codex reports that on a recent flight, the policy had changed for Gold and Gold 75K members. Effective immediately, you can change your flights 24 hours before departure — the same timeframe as check-in.
Note that this change is only for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K members, and does not apply to general Alaska flyers or MVP members. Alaska confirmed the change to Travel Codex, though it’s not yet reflected on the Alaska Airlines site.
Keep in mind that some travelers will be charged a $25 fee for same-day changes, but those booked in F, D, A class (first) or Y, Z (coach) are exempt from the fee.
The change, albeit long overdue, puts Alaska’s same-day change policy for some elites on par with those offered by other major carriers.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that