This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines is making some customer-friendly changes to its same-day change policy — but only for some of its elite members. Now, Mileage Plan members with MVP Gold or MVP Gold 75K status can change their reservation beginning at check-in.
Previously, all Alaska flyers could not change their flights until six hours before the new flight, and for redeye flights (between 12:00am and 3:59am), you could only rebook on a new flight as early as 10:00pm. MVP Gold and Gold 75K members previously could request changes at 10:00pm the night before the day of departure, and for any flight departing on the same day.
Travel Codex reports that on a recent flight, the policy had changed for Gold and Gold 75K members. Effective immediately, you can change your flights 24 hours before departure — the same timeframe as check-in.
Note that this change is only for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K members, and does not apply to general Alaska flyers or MVP members. Alaska confirmed the change to Travel Codex, though it’s not yet reflected on the Alaska Airlines site.
Keep in mind that some travelers will be charged a $25 fee for same-day changes, but those booked in F, D, A class (first) or Y, Z (coach) are exempt from the fee.
The change, albeit long overdue, puts Alaska’s same-day change policy for some elites on par with those offered by other major carriers.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees