Keep an eye out for stroopwafels on your next Alaska Airlines flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying on Alaska Airlines just got even sweeter.
The popular airline confirmed to TPG on Friday that they’re “exploring different snacks,” and that some passengers have received stroopwafels on recent flights.
Rip Van Wafels, the Brooklyn-based stroopwafel company, confirmed separately that its confections can be found on some morning flights on the West Coast. If all goes well, Rip Van Wafels is hoping to roll them out to all domestic flights in the coming months. (Fingers crossed!)
The stroopwafel is arguably one of the best snacks to find in the sky and, up until now, you could only find it when flying United Airlines. In June 2018, though, United announced it would stop serving them and the internet went into a frenzy. Thankfully, the airline brought them back in January of last year. Everyone can breathe easy now.
Now, with the addition of stroopwafels on Alaska Airlines, you have another way to enjoy the Dutch snack in the sky.
This is a nice upgrade from many of the nonpremium snacks you’ll find on other domestic carriers. In fact, this is the first time that a snack you can purchase at Starbucks is complimentary on a flight. Better yet, it has some pretty solid nutrition facts (for a dessert): Only two grams of sugar, seven net carbs and 70 calories per serving. They also have four grams of fiber — but who’s counting?
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Even if you don’t live anywhere near Alaska, you’re going to want to collect Alaska Airlines miles to use for your next vacation. Why? Because not only are they arguably some of the most valuable airline miles around, but also because they transfer to some of the world’s best airlines — and all for crazy cheap prices. Think: Flying Cathay Pacific first class for the equivalent of $1,330 for a flight that would normally cost $18,000 one-way.
Snack on that for a while, will you?
Featured image courtesy of of Samantha Rosen/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees