Alaska Airlines Has a New Summer Menu With a ‘West Coast Vibe’
Alaska Airlines’ announced on Monday it has a new summer menu for its main cabin.
Beginning July 16 and running through November 15, Alaska passengers will be able to order off of the summer menu that focuses on ingredients from nearby the airline’s Seattle headquarters. Main cabin customers will also see new craft beers and an “elevated wine program” in later in the fall.
Flyers can expect to see popular West Coast produce incorporated into the menu, including artichokes, tomatoes, asparagus, berries and avocados.
New breakfast items include a Fresh Start Protein Platter with cage-free eggs and non-GMO turkey as well as a Croissant Sandwich with Applewood smoked bacon and avocado mayo. Breakfast is served on flights over three hours that depart between 6:00am and 10:00am.
The lunch and dinner menu will include a Turkey Artichoke Baguette, a Charge Up Protein Platter and a West Coast Cobb Salad with a lemon basil vinaigrette. These items are served on flights over three hours that depart between 10:00am and 8:00pm.
Plus, the new Signature Fruit and Cheese Platter will be served with an extra cracker “to optimize the cheese-to-cracker ratio” with fresh and appetizing cheese. It’s available on flights over two hours that depart between 6:00am and 8:00pm.
“We believe in offering our guests locally-inspired food options made with fresh and healthy ingredients,” Alaska’s Vice President of Marketing Sangita Woerner said in a statement. “By drawing inspiration from the Pacific Northwest and California, we’re building a consistent experience for guests across our fleet that brings to life our West Coast vibe.”
Alaska passengers can pre-order menu items through the airline’s mobile app.
Pre-order abilities are available on all flights on Alaska’s Boeing aircraft and will be accessible on flights on Alaska’s Airbus and Embraer aircraft in early 2019.
Featured image by Alaska Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees