Alaska Airlines Has a New Summer Menu With a ‘West Coast Vibe’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines’ announced on Monday it has a new summer menu for its main cabin.
Beginning July 16 and running through November 15, Alaska passengers will be able to order off of the summer menu that focuses on ingredients from nearby the airline’s Seattle headquarters. Main cabin customers will also see new craft beers and an “elevated wine program” in later in the fall.
Flyers can expect to see popular West Coast produce incorporated into the menu, including artichokes, tomatoes, asparagus, berries and avocados.
New breakfast items include a Fresh Start Protein Platter with cage-free eggs and non-GMO turkey as well as a Croissant Sandwich with Applewood smoked bacon and avocado mayo. Breakfast is served on flights over three hours that depart between 6:00am and 10:00am.
The lunch and dinner menu will include a Turkey Artichoke Baguette, a Charge Up Protein Platter and a West Coast Cobb Salad with a lemon basil vinaigrette. These items are served on flights over three hours that depart between 10:00am and 8:00pm.
Plus, the new Signature Fruit and Cheese Platter will be served with an extra cracker “to optimize the cheese-to-cracker ratio” with fresh and appetizing cheese. It’s available on flights over two hours that depart between 6:00am and 8:00pm.
“We believe in offering our guests locally-inspired food options made with fresh and healthy ingredients,” Alaska’s Vice President of Marketing Sangita Woerner said in a statement. “By drawing inspiration from the Pacific Northwest and California, we’re building a consistent experience for guests across our fleet that brings to life our West Coast vibe.”
Alaska passengers can pre-order menu items through the airline’s mobile app.
Pre-order abilities are available on all flights on Alaska’s Boeing aircraft and will be accessible on flights on Alaska’s Airbus and Embraer aircraft in early 2019.
Featured image by Alaska Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.