This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines’ announced on Monday it has a new summer menu for its main cabin.
Beginning July 16 and running through November 15, Alaska passengers will be able to order off of the summer menu that focuses on ingredients from nearby the airline’s Seattle headquarters. Main cabin customers will also see new craft beers and an “elevated wine program” in later in the fall.
Flyers can expect to see popular West Coast produce incorporated into the menu, including artichokes, tomatoes, asparagus, berries and avocados.
New breakfast items include a Fresh Start Protein Platter with cage-free eggs and non-GMO turkey as well as a Croissant Sandwich with Applewood smoked bacon and avocado mayo. Breakfast is served on flights over three hours that depart between 6:00am and 10:00am.
The lunch and dinner menu will include a Turkey Artichoke Baguette, a Charge Up Protein Platter and a West Coast Cobb Salad with a lemon basil vinaigrette. These items are served on flights over three hours that depart between 10:00am and 8:00pm.
Plus, the new Signature Fruit and Cheese Platter will be served with an extra cracker “to optimize the cheese-to-cracker ratio” with fresh and appetizing cheese. It’s available on flights over two hours that depart between 6:00am and 8:00pm.
“We believe in offering our guests locally-inspired food options made with fresh and healthy ingredients,” Alaska’s Vice President of Marketing Sangita Woerner said in a statement. “By drawing inspiration from the Pacific Northwest and California, we’re building a consistent experience for guests across our fleet that brings to life our West Coast vibe.”
Alaska passengers can pre-order menu items through the airline’s mobile app.
Pre-order abilities are available on all flights on Alaska’s Boeing aircraft and will be accessible on flights on Alaska’s Airbus and Embraer aircraft in early 2019.
Featured image by Alaska Airlines.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees