This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines’ announced on Monday it has a new summer menu for its main cabin.
Beginning July 16 and running through November 15, Alaska passengers will be able to order off of the summer menu that focuses on ingredients from nearby the airline’s Seattle headquarters. Main cabin customers will also see new craft beers and an “elevated wine program” in later in the fall.
Flyers can expect to see popular West Coast produce incorporated into the menu, including artichokes, tomatoes, asparagus, berries and avocados.
New breakfast items include a Fresh Start Protein Platter with cage-free eggs and non-GMO turkey as well as a Croissant Sandwich with Applewood smoked bacon and avocado mayo. Breakfast is served on flights over three hours that depart between 6:00am and 10:00am.
The lunch and dinner menu will include a Turkey Artichoke Baguette, a Charge Up Protein Platter and a West Coast Cobb Salad with a lemon basil vinaigrette. These items are served on flights over three hours that depart between 10:00am and 8:00pm.
Plus, the new Signature Fruit and Cheese Platter will be served with an extra cracker “to optimize the cheese-to-cracker ratio” with fresh and appetizing cheese. It’s available on flights over two hours that depart between 6:00am and 8:00pm.
“We believe in offering our guests locally-inspired food options made with fresh and healthy ingredients,” Alaska’s Vice President of Marketing Sangita Woerner said in a statement. “By drawing inspiration from the Pacific Northwest and California, we’re building a consistent experience for guests across our fleet that brings to life our West Coast vibe.”
Alaska passengers can pre-order menu items through the airline’s mobile app.
Pre-order abilities are available on all flights on Alaska’s Boeing aircraft and will be accessible on flights on Alaska’s Airbus and Embraer aircraft in early 2019.
Featured image by Alaska Airlines.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 70,000 Miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $980
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2x miles on AA purchases plus 2x miles at gas stations and at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers and car rental merchants. Get your first checked bag free.
- Designed for businesses
- For a limited time: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases in first 4 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries to reduce travel costs and boost your bottom line*
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi when you use your card*
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and at gas stations*
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees*