This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frequent travelers and frequent coffee drinkers likely have a strong crossover — and there’s good news for them. Starbucks is now allowing for award redemptions at cafes located in airports, Targets and select grocery stores.
Earlier this week, Starbucks said it would redesign its rewards program in 2019. In 2016, the loyalty scheme switched to a revenue based program that rewarded members based on the amount spent with the chain, similar to that of many airline mileage programs.
Right now, you earn two stars for every $1 spent, and the program offers two levels of elite status, Green and Gold. You earn a free reward, one food or drink item, for every 125 stars earned and earn Gold status after hitting 300 stars.
Back in February, Starbucks launched its first co-brand credit card with Chase. Starbucks has been testing out cash-free locations in Seattle. Make sure to use a card that earns strong rewards on dining purchases when paying at Starbucks, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points), Chase Sapphire Preferred or Premier Rewards Gold from American Express (2x points).
H/T: One Mile at A Time
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees