What it’s like to get the ‘celebrity treatment’ at LAX’s PS
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to elevate your travel experience, before you even step on board the plane? If you’re flying through Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), there’s a service that lets you bypass the passenger terminal entirely, making it possible for high-profile travelers to avoid unwanted encounters, and wait for their flight with amenities you won’t find at any other lounge at LAX.
You’ll get a rare look behind the facility’s heavily fortified walls in the second episode of our new YouTube series, Airplane Mode, following my inside look at New York City’s completely redesigned LaGuardia Airport (LGA).
Before we get started, I want to address the elephant in the room: Throughout the episode, you’ll notice that every single person (myself included) is not wearing a mask. That’s because this episode was filmed before the pandemic. Had we been filming today, I would have had my face covered on both flights, of course, and everywhere in between.
With that out of the way, it’s time to join me on a super-posh LAX adventure. See what it’s like to begin and end your airport experience in true luxury, at Los Angeles’ PS.
As I explain in the video, a PS membership doesn’t come cheap. Expect to pay $4,500 per year to join, plus $3,150 each time you use the facilities, with that rate covering up to four guests. Non-members can access PS as well, but you’ll pay $4,150 each time you’re there.
There’s also a new members-only service, called PS Direct. For $3,450 for up to four travelers, members can be driven home directly from their arriving aircraft — an especially appealing offering for anyone looking to minimize their interactions during the pandemic.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.