What it’s like to get the ‘celebrity treatment’ at LAX’s PS
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to elevate your travel experience, before you even step on board the plane? If you’re flying through Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), there’s a service that lets you bypass the passenger terminal entirely, making it possible for high-profile travelers to avoid unwanted encounters, and wait for their flight with amenities you won’t find at any other lounge at LAX.
You’ll get a rare look behind the facility’s heavily fortified walls in the second episode of our new YouTube series, Airplane Mode, following my inside look at New York City’s completely redesigned LaGuardia Airport (LGA).
Before we get started, I want to address the elephant in the room: Throughout the episode, you’ll notice that every single person (myself included) is not wearing a mask. That’s because this episode was filmed before the pandemic. Had we been filming today, I would have had my face covered on both flights, of course, and everywhere in between.
With that out of the way, it’s time to join me on a super-posh LAX adventure. See what it’s like to begin and end your airport experience in true luxury, at Los Angeles’ PS.
As I explain in the video, a PS membership doesn’t come cheap. Expect to pay $4,500 per year to join, plus $3,150 each time you use the facilities, with that rate covering up to four guests. Non-members can access PS as well, but you’ll pay $4,150 each time you’re there.
There’s also a new members-only service, called PS Direct. For $3,450 for up to four travelers, members can be driven home directly from their arriving aircraft — an especially appealing offering for anyone looking to minimize their interactions during the pandemic.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees