You’re not dreaming: What it really looks like inside LaGuardia Airport now
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aside from the Amex Centurion Lounge, the only thing I used to like about New York’s LaGuardia Airport was the amazing view — after takeoff. Now, like the city that surrounds it, the airport itself is a work of art.
Built and managed by LaGuardia Gateway Partners, the new LGA represents a huge step up. During a recent day-long tour, I couldn’t help but take pictures at every turn. The main shopping area? Totally worth a shot. The bridge to the parking garage? Camera’s coming out. In fact, that’s it in my picture just above. The new LGA really is something else.
For more curated TPG travel tips and recommendations delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our free daily newsletter.
We’re so excited about LaGuardia’s transformation that we decided to feature the new Terminal B in the entire first episode of TPG’s new aviation-focused video series, Airplane Mode — you’re not gonna want to miss this:
Now, would I be this impressed if I were walking through this same space outside the United States? The terminal might still stand out as being above-average, but it’s hard to compete with some of the world-class airports you’ll find in Asia, or the Middle East.
Still, for New York City, this is a huge step up. I can’t wait to see the rest of the renovations complete, and new terminal areas roll out at the city’s other major airports, including Newark (EWR) and New York-JFK.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees