You’re not dreaming: What it really looks like inside LaGuardia Airport now
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aside from the Amex Centurion Lounge, the only thing I used to like about New York’s LaGuardia Airport was the amazing view — after takeoff. Now, like the city that surrounds it, the airport itself is a work of art.
Built and managed by LaGuardia Gateway Partners, the new LGA represents a huge step up. During a recent day-long tour, I couldn’t help but take pictures at every turn. The main shopping area? Totally worth a shot. The bridge to the parking garage? Camera’s coming out. In fact, that’s it in my picture just above. The new LGA really is something else.
For more curated TPG travel tips and recommendations delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our free daily newsletter.
We’re so excited about LaGuardia’s transformation that we decided to feature the new Terminal B in the entire first episode of TPG’s new aviation-focused video series, Airplane Mode — you’re not gonna want to miss this:
Now, would I be this impressed if I were walking through this same space outside the United States? The terminal might still stand out as being above-average, but it’s hard to compete with some of the world-class airports you’ll find in Asia, or the Middle East.
Still, for New York City, this is a huge step up. I can’t wait to see the rest of the renovations complete, and new terminal areas roll out at the city’s other major airports, including Newark (EWR) and New York-JFK.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.