A rebrand for one of the most exclusive lounges in the world
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a fan of privacy and luxury when you travel, then the name Private Suite may sound familiar. Established in 2017, The Private Suite is one of the most exclusive commercial travel experiences in the world, offering a private terminal at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), dedicated suites, lounge-to-plane transfers and more.
The Private Suite has rebranded itself and is now simply called PS. Along with this shift comes a completely revamped passenger experience.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Over the next few months, PS will be rolling out a number of enhancements, including upgraded interiors by New York-born designer Cliff Fong, a new chef-driven menu and exciting partnerships that promise to enhance your travel experience.
PS is also updating its pricing. Previously, members ($4,500 annual fee) paid $2,700 or $3,500 per visit for up to four travelers, depending on whether travel was domestic or international. The prices for non-members were $3,500 and $4,000, respectively.
Effective immediately, the preferential per-visit cost for members is a flat $3,150, regardless of whether travel is domestic or international. The price for non-members has gone up to $4,150. You can book the service regardless what cabin you’re flying.
Related: Inside The Private Suite at LAX
In addition to the preferential pricing, members still receive a number of other perks, such as complimentary valet parking, car detailing, in-suite manicures, massages and barber services. Non-members may still be able to get preferential pricing by booking their visits through United or American Airlines. For instance, United has previously offered highly reduced rates for first-time visitors — $375 one-way or $700 round-trip for domestic flights; $500 or $950, respectively, for international.
Transformations of the suites will begin March 1 and should be completed later in the spring. Photography is usually forbidden inside PS’ gates, but you can expect another full tour of the space from The Points Guy once the work is complete.
PS also shared with us that it is making progress with its plans to expand to New York-JFK and Miami International Airport (MIA), though it doesn’t have any official opening dates yet.
For more on ultra-exclusive travel experiences, see:
- These private jet players want to make luxury flying more affordable
- Is it worth paying for the VIP arrival and departure service at Ben Gurion Airport in Israel?
- A review of PremiAir, Manchester Airport’s private terminal
- My very first flight on a private jet, Gulfstream’s G500
Featured image courtesy of PS.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees