A rebrand for one of the most exclusive lounges in the world
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a fan of privacy and luxury when you travel, then the name Private Suite may sound familiar. Established in 2017, The Private Suite is one of the most exclusive commercial travel experiences in the world, offering a private terminal at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), dedicated suites, lounge-to-plane transfers and more.
The Private Suite has rebranded itself and is now simply called PS. Along with this shift comes a completely revamped passenger experience.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Over the next few months, PS will be rolling out a number of enhancements, including upgraded interiors by New York-born designer Cliff Fong, a new chef-driven menu and exciting partnerships that promise to enhance your travel experience.
PS is also updating its pricing. Previously, members ($4,500 annual fee) paid $2,700 or $3,500 per visit for up to four travelers, depending on whether travel was domestic or international. The prices for non-members were $3,500 and $4,000, respectively.
Effective immediately, the preferential per-visit cost for members is a flat $3,150, regardless of whether travel is domestic or international. The price for non-members has gone up to $4,150. You can book the service regardless what cabin you’re flying.
Related: Inside The Private Suite at LAX
In addition to the preferential pricing, members still receive a number of other perks, such as complimentary valet parking, car detailing, in-suite manicures, massages and barber services. Non-members may still be able to get preferential pricing by booking their visits through United or American Airlines. For instance, United has previously offered highly reduced rates for first-time visitors — $375 one-way or $700 round-trip for domestic flights; $500 or $950, respectively, for international.
Transformations of the suites will begin March 1 and should be completed later in the spring. Photography is usually forbidden inside PS’ gates, but you can expect another full tour of the space from The Points Guy once the work is complete.
PS also shared with us that it is making progress with its plans to expand to New York-JFK and Miami International Airport (MIA), though it doesn’t have any official opening dates yet.
For more on ultra-exclusive travel experiences, see:
- These private jet players want to make luxury flying more affordable
- Is it worth paying for the VIP arrival and departure service at Ben Gurion Airport in Israel?
- A review of PremiAir, Manchester Airport’s private terminal
- My very first flight on a private jet, Gulfstream’s G500
Featured image courtesy of PS.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.