How you can help deliver lifesaving supplies to front-line workers around the world
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The only news may seem to be bad news these days, but one thing that’s kept me positive is seeing how the world and the travel industry have come together.
Just take a look at our favorite ways travel companies are giving back. And there’s more.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
One organization that has been behind these efforts is Airlink, a nonprofit that works closely with aviation and logistics partners to provide relief and supplies for non-governmental organizations (NGOs). In response to COVID-19, Airlink created the Aviation C.A.R.E.S. campaign, which has delivered more than 412,000 pieces of personal protective equipment (PPE) and counting.
With the help of partners like United and Southwest, Airlink has been able to transport much-needed supplies and personnel critical to the fight against coronavirus. For instance, Airlink helped coordinate the logistics for United’s delivery of 50,000 N95 masks and facilitated Southwest’s transportation of volunteer doctors to coronavirus hot spots.
The nonprofit was also behind relief efforts for the Diamond Princess cruise ship. The organization was able to coordinate a flight that delivered 5,000 pounds of kitchen supplies so that the World Central Kitchen could cook and prepare food for the staff and passengers stuck on board.
And those are just a few of the highlights.
Through Aviation C.A.R.E.S., the nonprofit is aiming to raise $10 million in cash or in-kind support so that it can continue to deliver necessary relief. You can donate directly to Airlink or you can donate your United MileagePlus miles or your Alaska Airlines miles toward its Disaster Relief Pool.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees