Air France’s New La Première Lounge Channels Versailles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France partnered with the Palace of Versailles to revamp its La Première lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport’s (CDG) terminal 2E.
Air France wants you to feel like you’re apart of an exclusive experience in its La Première lounge. At the entrance, guests are welcomed with box orange trees from the Palace of Versailles botanical collection. The lounge’s chef, Teddy Merienne, created a new lunchtime dish of turbot with Swish chard—a dish a often served at the Ducasse restaurant at the Palace of Versailles.
The lounge’s teatime takes after Marie-Antoinette and includes sweets like chocolate chip brioche and the Ducasse restaurant’s signature dessert, the Louis XIV. All of the dishes will be served on tableware from the Ancient Royal Manufacture of Limoges.
La Première lounger also comes with a fine art book selection where loungers can explore Alain Ducasse’s Cuisine de Roi à Versailles cookbook and co-publications offered by the Palace of Versailles.
Architect Didier Lefort designed this 1,000 square-meter space, and all the menus and wines are selected by Chef Alain Ducasse. The lounge is also equipped with a Biologique Recherche spa, showers and private work booths.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.