Air France’s New La Première Lounge Channels Versailles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France partnered with the Palace of Versailles to revamp its La Première lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport’s (CDG) terminal 2E.
Air France wants you to feel like you’re apart of an exclusive experience in its La Première lounge. At the entrance, guests are welcomed with box orange trees from the Palace of Versailles botanical collection. The lounge’s chef, Teddy Merienne, created a new lunchtime dish of turbot with Swish chard—a dish a often served at the Ducasse restaurant at the Palace of Versailles.
The lounge’s teatime takes after Marie-Antoinette and includes sweets like chocolate chip brioche and the Ducasse restaurant’s signature dessert, the Louis XIV. All of the dishes will be served on tableware from the Ancient Royal Manufacture of Limoges.
La Première lounger also comes with a fine art book selection where loungers can explore Alain Ducasse’s Cuisine de Roi à Versailles cookbook and co-publications offered by the Palace of Versailles.
Architect Didier Lefort designed this 1,000 square-meter space, and all the menus and wines are selected by Chef Alain Ducasse. The lounge is also equipped with a Biologique Recherche spa, showers and private work booths.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.