This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France partnered with the Palace of Versailles to revamp its La Première lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport’s (CDG) terminal 2E.
Air France wants you to feel like you’re apart of an exclusive experience in its La Première lounge. At the entrance, guests are welcomed with box orange trees from the Palace of Versailles botanical collection. The lounge’s chef, Teddy Merienne, created a new lunchtime dish of turbot with Swish chard—a dish a often served at the Ducasse restaurant at the Palace of Versailles.
The lounge’s teatime takes after Marie-Antoinette and includes sweets like chocolate chip brioche and the Ducasse restaurant’s signature dessert, the Louis XIV. All of the dishes will be served on tableware from the Ancient Royal Manufacture of Limoges.
La Première lounger also comes with a fine art book selection where loungers can explore Alain Ducasse’s Cuisine de Roi à Versailles cookbook and co-publications offered by the Palace of Versailles.
Architect Didier Lefort designed this 1,000 square-meter space, and all the menus and wines are selected by Chef Alain Ducasse. The lounge is also equipped with a Biologique Recherche spa, showers and private work booths.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards