Air Canada A220 inaugural to fly as planned, despite schedule data to the contrary
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re scheduled to fly the Air Canada A220 inaugural flight, you may see that your reservation lists another type of Airbus – the A320 – operating the inaugural flight.
But don’t fret, we’ve confirmed with the airline that the A220 is still set to fly from Montreal (YUL) to Calgary (YYC) beginning on Jan. 16.
The 8:10 a.m. departure (flight AC 317) was originally scheduled to be the A220 inaugural, but eager passengers were in for a surprise when their reservations updated to show an A320 instead of the A220.
Though the airline reassured us that the A220 will still fly as planned, airline-data websites such as Google Flights, ExpertFlyer and Expedia all show the A320 on the route. Air Canada confirmed that they are working to update the schedules.
The next route to see A220 service will be from YUL to Toronto (YYZ) on Air Canada Flight 481 on Sunday, Jan. 19. At the outset, the 330-mile commuter hop will only get the new planes on select Sunday frequencies.
Service will expand to other existing routes, including to New York LaGuardia (LGA) in March, through May.
Air Canada will use the A220 to open new nonstop service between Montreal and Seattle (SEA) and Toronto Pearson (YYZ) and San Jose, California (SJC), on May 4.
The Air Canada A220 will deliver an upgraded passenger experience for those seated in both business class and economy. The plane features just 137 seats, with 12 up front and 125 in the back.
The jet is configured with personal entertainment screens at every seat, as well as power and USB ports. Economy features some of the airline’s widest seats, and the plane features plenty of overhead storage for passengers’ belongings.
The carrier will also be the first to launch North America operations of the Airbus A220-300. Delta has been operating the shorter A220-100 variant since February, but Air Canada will be the first to fly the longer stretched version.
Though it may be appear that the Air Canada A220 inaugural flight is delayed, don’t worry— the plane will begin criss-crossing North American skies starting as planned on Jan. 16.
ExpertFlyer is owned by Red Ventures, TPG’s parent company.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees