Aer Lingus unveils new uniforms for the first time in 22 years
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Wednesday, Aer Lingus revealed its fresh new look for cabin and ground crew. From Feb. 10, Irish designer Louise Kennedy’s uniforms will take to the skies on more than 4,000 crew. Most notably, the airline is allowing female crew to wear pants for the first time.
The airline’s signature green remains as the core color of the uniform, however, with a slight variation called ‘Kenmare Green.’ The uniform refresh also includes a ‘Midnight’ navy.
There have been some noticeable changes for both men and women’s uniforms. The new uniforms feature 25 redesigned garments, including a new trouser option for women — a first for the Irish carrier.
For all members of crew, easy-care shirts and blouses have been brought in. For women, there are additional pants and dress options, and for men, both jacket and coat designs have been updated.
Designed by Louise Kennedy, the process took two years involving staff engagement and external research in Dublin, London, New York and Paris.
“Our cabin and ground crew told us clearly that comfort, practicality, versatility and flexibility needed to be key factors in the redesign,” said Aer Lingus Director of Marketing and Digital Experience Dara McMahon.
The update comes as the final step of the airline’s brand refresh. Since its refresh began, the carrier has updated more than 500 points within the past 12 months. Most notably for passengers, in January 2019, the carrier unveiled its new livery — as one might expect, with the iconic shamrock image remaining a focal point. The livery update is expected to be complete in 2021.
In addition to the new uniforms and updated livery, the Irish carrier has also refreshed its branding in airports.
“As with our logo and livery, our new uniform needs to reflect the modern, international airline that Aer Lingus is today; while also ensuring that our unique identity is retained and our values as an airline are reflected,” said Aer Lingus CEO Sean Doyle.
Related reading: Pot of gold: A review of Aer Lingus on the A321neo in business class
Featured photo by Barry McCall/Aer Lingus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees