Double your miles purchased with Aegean’s 100% bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today through Nov. 30, you can double your Miles+ balance when you purchase miles through Aegean’s 100% bonus deal.
In order to qualify for this bonus, you’ll need to buy a minimum of 1,000 miles. Travelers are limited to buying 30,000 pre-bonus miles if there’s no activity on the account in the past year, whereas travelers who have had activity can buy up to 50,000 pre-bonus miles annually.
You can purchase 1,000 Miles for €25 (US$26), so if you are new to Aegean and max out your 60,000 (30,000) miles and it will cost €750 (US$804). That’s enough miles to book book an economy flight from North America to Central or South America, based on Aegean’s new award chart.
What credit card to use
Since this miles purchase is directly with Aegean, the purchase should code as airfare. Consider using a card that offers bonus points for travel related purchases.
The best two options in this category are The Platinum Card® from American Express — which earns 5x on airfare when booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com — and the Citi Prestige® Card, which also offers 5x on airfare.
Other top credit cards to consider include the Chase Sapphire Reserve, with 3x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on general travel (excluding $300 travel credit); the American Express® Gold Card, with 3x American Express Membership Rewards points on airfare booked directly with airlines or ; the Citi Premier® Card with 3x ThankYou points per dollar on air travel; and the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card with 2x Ultimate Rewards points on general travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
This is a great promotion to take advantage of if you have a Star Alliance award booking in mind. Otherwise, this deal may not make sense.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees