Double your miles purchased with Aegean’s 100% bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today through Nov. 30, you can double your Miles+ balance when you purchase miles through Aegean’s 100% bonus deal.
In order to qualify for this bonus, you’ll need to buy a minimum of 1,000 miles. Travelers are limited to buying 30,000 pre-bonus miles if there’s no activity on the account in the past year, whereas travelers who have had activity can buy up to 50,000 pre-bonus miles annually.
You can purchase 1,000 Miles for €25 (US$26), so if you are new to Aegean and max out your 60,000 (30,000) miles and it will cost €750 (US$804). That’s enough miles to book book an economy flight from North America to Central or South America, based on Aegean’s new award chart.
What credit card to use
Since this miles purchase is directly with Aegean, the purchase should code as airfare. Consider using a card that offers bonus points for travel related purchases.
The best two options in this category are The Platinum Card® from American Express — which earns 5x on airfare when booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com — and the Citi Prestige® Card, which also offers 5x on airfare.
Other top cards to consider include the Chase Sapphire Reserve, with 3x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on general travel (excluding $300 travel credit); the American Express® Gold Card, with 3x American Express Membership Rewards points on airfare booked directly with airlines or ; the Citi Premier® Card with 3x ThankYou points per dollar on air travel; and the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card with 2x Ultimate Rewards points on general travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
This is a great promotion to take advantage of if you have a Star Alliance award booking in mind. Otherwise, this deal may not make sense.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees