AccorHotels Announces Rebranded Loyalty Program, but With Few Details
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
AccorHotel’s Le Club loyalty program has always been a bit of niche program, especially for US-based travelers, as there are just 31 properties across the country. However, it does have some interesting elements, including flat redemption rates of 2,000 points (40 euros) off your stay. On Thursday, the program announced a “disruptive and dramatic shift” (Accor’s phrasing), though details are scant for the time being.
Let’s start with the name, which will change to “ALL” at some future date. The capitalization is no accident; this is an acronym, standing for Accor Live Limitless. Here’s how a press release describes the change:
This new lifestyle loyalty program will recognize, understand, cherish, communicate with and reward guests like never before giving access to “ALL of Accor.” It will open doors across a unique and iconic portfolio of over 30 hotel brands as well as an unrivalled collection of bars, restaurants, nightclubs and experiences that “money can’t buy.”
The press release goes on to highlight “four strategic stakes” that will be addressed to accomplish the above goal:
- Introducing premium status to reward our most loyal members
- Enriched benefits according to our augmented hospitality strategy
- A worldwide connected experience to earn and burn points across the broadest range of brands in the industry and a new digital app delivering value across work, live & play.
- Partnerships and experiences
This fourth and final stake has at least some added information around it, as the program has announced three partnerships:
- AEG: This expanded partnership will include over 60,000 tickets and suites for loyalty members in Latin America, Asia and Europe
- IMG: Starting in 2020, members can enjoy Taste Festivals in London, Paris, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Toronto (with more cities to come).
- Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) football club: The new program will become a partner and the jersey sponsor of the renowned French soccer club starting this coming season.
Sadly, that’s the extent of the concrete information we know at this point, which leaves many questions unanswered. How will members earn points in the new program? What will happen to existing point balances? Will the new premium status and “enriched benefits” replace or supplement the existing elite status tiers in the program? And most importantly, what does this mean for redemptions?
The above information from the press release contains lofty promises about “rewards” and gaining access to experiences “money can’t buy” while providing ways to earn and redeem points across an array of partners. I’d love to see that happen, but until we have more details, there’s no way to know how the new “ALL” program will compare to others.
TPG will be at a media event early next month that may shed some light on what this entails, so if you’re a loyal Le Club traveler, be sure to check back here.
Featured photo courtesy of AccorHotels.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees