A Now-Closed Iconic New York Deli Is Back — And Giving Out Free Sandwiches
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Carnegie Deli — the iconic Midtown delicatessen that closed in 2016 to the disappointment of many, many cult fans — is reopening in food truck form for three days in Manhattan.
And for those three days, the famous New York eatery will be handing out food free of charge. That’s right — it’s free.
Carnegie Deli’s bubblegum pink food truck will distribute its stacked pastrami sandwiches, pickles, vintage soda and gigantic black to customers in a variety of locations throughout NYC.
Excited? Well, the free goodies are all thanks to a promotion for the Amazon Prime Video series “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” which is set in 1950s New York and features a multitude of deli scenes. The stunt will feature a fusion of old deli classics with a “Maisel” twist. “The Midge Maisel” sandwich for example, consists of rye bread, Russian dressing, Carnegie Deli pastrami, a “bit” of salami and coleslaw. The other option is “The Susie,” which is a high-stack of turkey, Russian dressing and Coleslaw on rye. Both come with a half-sour pickle, of course.
View this post on Instagram
“The Maisel” sandwich will more than MEAT your expectations???Grab a sandwich tonight from 5pm-7pm at 55 Wall Street??✨The @maiseltv x @carnegiedeli food truck is driving around NYC now through May 15?❤️? PC: @jkl_fam
A post shared by Carnegie Deli (@carnegiedeli) on
This isn’t the first time Carnegie Deli has risen from the dead to delight New Yorkers with cheap and delicious eats. Last December, in a similar promotion also tied to the Amazon Prime Video series, a Carnegie pop-up opened in Lower Manhattan for eight days, selling sandwiches for under a $1 and attracting crowds of thousands.
The Carnegie truck has been making stops since Monday, May 13, however there are still two days for New York locals to track down the bright pink monster. Today, May 14, you can spot the truck from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 10 E. 37th St. and then from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. at 1886 Broadway. Tomorrow, Wednesday, May 15, the truck will be at 429 7th Ave. at 8:30 a.m. to noon and again from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. at 911 7th Ave.
For more information on the Carnegie Deli Food truck — check out its official website, here.
Featured image by Drew Angerer/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees