A New Exhibit at the Empire State Building Will Tell Tourists What to Do in NYC
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Can you do New York City in a day? Some would say yes, some would say no. NYC is a behemoth of a city, a vortex of tourist traps, overpriced merchandise, sidewalk congestion and endless sites that are either “absolute musts” or “must skips” depending on who you ask. All in all, if you ever plan on visiting the Big Apple (24 hours or 24 days), odds are that there is bound to be at least some chaos.
However, the Empire State Building believes it might have a solution to this. In a new partnership with New York City’s official destination marketing organization, NYC & Company, the iconic building will now house a new, interactive exhibit that will help tourists streamline their city trips into a manageable, digestible experience.
Located on the 80th floor, the new exhibit named “NYC: Above and Beyond,” will start taking customers in fall 2019. The exhibit will ask visitors questions about their personal interests and build them their very own list of “absolute musts” based on what they like and how long they’re in town. Then, according to Travel and Leisure, tourists can pull their favorites from the list and have it emailed or automatically transferred to their phones.
All of this, and you’ve already checked the Empire State Building off your list — so now you can get out of Midtown and enjoy the good parts of the city.
“When the Empire State Building researched for the top to bottom redevelopment of its visitor experience, there was a clear call for assistance with itineraries and desire for an all-knowing resource,” said Anthony E. Malkin, chairman and CEO of Empire State Realty Trust, in a statement. “We are honored to partner with NYC & Company on this brand-new venture to improve the visitor experience to New York City at the World’s Most Famous Building.”
To purchase your ticket for the upcoming “NYC: Above and Beyond” exhibit, visit esbnyc.com.
Featured image by Istvan Kadar Photography via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees