A New Exhibit at the Empire State Building Will Tell Tourists What to Do in NYC
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Can you do New York City in a day? Some would say yes, some would say no. NYC is a behemoth of a city, a vortex of tourist traps, overpriced merchandise, sidewalk congestion and endless sites that are either “absolute musts” or “must skips” depending on who you ask. All in all, if you ever plan on visiting the Big Apple (24 hours or 24 days), odds are that there is bound to be at least some chaos.
However, the Empire State Building believes it might have a solution to this. In a new partnership with New York City’s official destination marketing organization, NYC & Company, the iconic building will now house a new, interactive exhibit that will help tourists streamline their city trips into a manageable, digestible experience.
Located on the 80th floor, the new exhibit named “NYC: Above and Beyond,” will start taking customers in fall 2019. The exhibit will ask visitors questions about their personal interests and build them their very own list of “absolute musts” based on what they like and how long they’re in town. Then, according to Travel and Leisure, tourists can pull their favorites from the list and have it emailed or automatically transferred to their phones.
All of this, and you’ve already checked the Empire State Building off your list — so now you can get out of Midtown and enjoy the good parts of the city.
“When the Empire State Building researched for the top to bottom redevelopment of its visitor experience, there was a clear call for assistance with itineraries and desire for an all-knowing resource,” said Anthony E. Malkin, chairman and CEO of Empire State Realty Trust, in a statement. “We are honored to partner with NYC & Company on this brand-new venture to improve the visitor experience to New York City at the World’s Most Famous Building.”
To purchase your ticket for the upcoming “NYC: Above and Beyond” exhibit, visit esbnyc.com.
Featured image by Istvan Kadar Photography via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.