A letter to our readers about coronavirus from The Points Guy founder and CEO Brian Kelly
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I started The Points Guy in 2010 with the goal of helping you maximize your travel in every way. Since then, TPG has changed and grown tremendously to become a team with 100 of the best minds in the travel industry. But our purpose has always remained the same.
In this uncertain and unprecedented time, TPG is committed to another goal: keeping you informed on all the latest travel news as it pertains to the COVID-19 pandemic and making sure you have all the tools you need at your fingertips — whether you decide to travel or to cancel or change existing plans. Whatever travel-related information you need, we promise to provide it quickly and accurately.
Like all of you, we’re travelers at our core, and not being able to do what we do best because of the coronavirus is disheartening, to say the least. We support the world’s governments, health officials and all of the hundreds of thousands of employees at airlines, hotel companies, cruise lines and more who are working around the clock to help all of us change our reservations and even cancel trips.
Despite the constant stream of alarming headlines, we will get through this together. Keep listening to the advice of local and federal officials, do what you think is right for yourselves and your families, and don’t stop dreaming about your next trip. It may not happen exactly when you first thought it would, but it will happen.
The travel industry will bounce back, just like it has through other dark and uncertain times. As this happens, we’ll be on the forefront — as we always are — of keeping you up to date with the latest news, deals and insider info on all things travel. We’ll be here, each and every day, working nonstop to bring you everything you need to know.
All of us at TPG thank you for joining us online and on social media, sharing your own travel experiences and asking questions.
- Should I travel? Advice for the coronavirus outbreak
- Can I cancel or change my award ticket due to coronavirus travel waivers?
- Airlines asking travelers to hold off on calling unless urgent
- How to quickly reach an airline customer service agent
- What to do if you want to cancel your cruise
- Will travel insurance cover coronavirus? Here’s what you should know
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees