A Hotel Room With a Full-Sized Boeing 737 Flight Simulator? Yes, It Exists
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sweet dreams, aviation geeks: there is a hotel room in Tokyo that features a full-fledged Boeing 737-800 flight simulator.
Aptly called the “Superior Cockpit Room,” it is located in The Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu, which is connected to Terminal 2 of Haneda International Airport (HND) in Tokyo. With many flights to HND from various US cities, it’s not impossible to make your AvGeek dreams come true.
Aside from what you’d usually expect from a hotel room (two beds, one bath, Wi-Fi, the works) this is also an AvGeek paradise. As originally reported by Kotaku, It really has a flight simulator in it — and except for the fact that it’s fixed, it looks very much like the full-motion flight sims airlines use to train pilots.
The hotel offers multiple plans for those who want to try out the simulator, or spend the night. You can book a 90-minute session with an instructor for 32,400 yen ($299) to “fly” from HND to Osaka International Airport (ITM) without even having to stay overnight in the room.
Guests can also book the double room for a regular stay (instructor and simulation experience not included) for between 25,300 yen ($232) to 30,400 yen ($281) a night. From browsing the hotel’s site, it appears that if you want to stay in the room and also fly the simulator, you need to book both separately.
And if you want to double down on some aviation-related fun, the hotel room overlooks the runway — so when you’re done with your simulated flight experience, you can indulge in some good old-fashioned plane spotting.
Note: to book the “Superior Cockpit Room,” you can only access it through the Japanese version of The Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu website, and not the US one. Book your stay (and simulation) here.
All images courtesy of the Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.