Get a 25% bonus when you transfer Amex points to Flying Blue and JetBlue
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Waking up to a new transfer bonus always means it’s going to be a great day, especially one from Flying Blue, Air France and KLM’s mileage program.
American Express Membership Rewards are some of the most valuable points out there, allowing you to transfer to 20 different travel partners. Now you can get a fantastic bonus when transferring Membership Rewards points to FlyingBlue. Through Nov. 30, 2019, you’ll receive a 25% bonus when transferring MR points to Flying Blue. There appears to be no limit to the number of points you can transfer. Usually you can transfer 1,000 Amex points to 1,000 Flying Blue miles, but with this bonus, you’ll receive 1,250 miles for every 1,000 Amex points you transfer.
You can maximize this bonus even more by taking advantage of FlyingBlue’s monthly promos, which can net you even more savings. FlyingBlue is currently running a promotion on economy flights from several North American cities at a 25% discount. For instance, a one-way flight from Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) is just 17,250 miles plus taxes and fees. You’d need to transfer only 14,000 Amex points to get a bonus of 3,500 miles, bringing the total to 17,500 miles.
Note that Flying Blue tacks on significant fees on its award tickets for Air France and KLM flights, so we suggest checking your preferred route through the Air France website and its miles estimator before you initiate a transfer. Lastly, if you’re still short on miles note that you can also transfer Capital One miles, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Points and Marriott Bonvoy points to Flying Blue.
But that’s not all. There’s also a targeted bonus to JetBlue. From now through Dec. 21, you’ll receive a 25% bonus when transferring MR points to JetBlue. Usually, you can convert MR into JetBlue points at 250:200 ratio. With this promotion, it changes that into 250:250 — effectively a 1:1 ratio.
While this isn’t the best use of your Membership Rewards points, the bonus to JetBlue is a lot better than the standard rate offered by American Express. Being a revenue-based redemption program, TrueBlue points are consistently worth 1.3 cents apiece, so there’s no way to get outsized value from your points. However, the bonus could be worth taking advantage of if you’re just shy of an award flight.
If you don’t want to miss offers like this in the future, these cards are great picks for earning American Express Membership Rewards points:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend spending $5,000 on purchases in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn 5x points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel and prepaid hotels booked on . Terms apply.
- American Express® Gold Card: 35,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of card membership. Plus earn 4x points on dining and at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1x) and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or on . Terms apply.
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express: Earn up to 75,000 bonus points: 50,000 bonus points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 bonus points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels booked through . Terms apply.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.