Less than two weeks left to vote for this year’s TPG Awards Readers’ Choice winners
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED
Over the previous two years, the TPG Awards have honored the best credit cards, loyalty programs and travel providers out there. And even though the travel industry has been hit hard by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, that doesn’t mean there’s no room for celebration in 2020.
This year, however, we’re taking an entirely different approach to the awards, one that will allow all of our readers to be a part of it. We’re calling it the “2020 TPG Awards: Travel’s Path Forward” — looking ahead at the future of travel and what companies are doing to get us there.
Intrigued? Read on for more information, including how to cast your vote for this year’s Readers Choice awards — which closes in less than two weeks.
The 2020 TPG Awards
As noted above, 2020 has been far from normal, so we’ve completely reimagined what the TPG Awards will look like this year. We’ll still honor the best of the travel and loyalty industries — but instead of a single, live event with a very limited guest list, we’re expanding our coverage across four weeks, one devoted to each of the following segments:
During each week — which will begin rolling out in November — we’ll launch a variety of exciting and engaging content across all of our channels here at TPG. You’ll see our top-notch editorial staff publishing high-quality content on our site, and our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter feeds will include numerous opportunities to engage with us. We’ll hand out select “Editors’ Choice” awards — and may even have surprise giveaways and special guests throughout each week.
You can read more about this new approach at our TPG Awards home page, and we’ll have many more details in the weeks to come, but right now, we need your help …
Vote now for the Readers’ Choice awards
We officially launched voting for the 12 Readers’ Choice honors we’ll be handing out in 2020 back on Oct. 1, allowing you to determine which companies have done the best job at creating value for their customers — be it through benefits, flexibility or just good old customer service.
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED
However, you only have a limited window of time to cast your votes, as the survey closes on Friday Oct. 30 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Like last year, you can only vote once.
Each week, we’ll also be randomly selecting five voters to each receive a $200 discount code to the TPG store, so casting your vote won’t only help determine the winners. It could score you some nice TPG gear. The earlier you vote, the most chances you have to win.
Here’s a full breakdown of the awards on the ballot this year:
|Category||Readers’ Choice awards|
Best U.S. Airline Loyalty Program
Best Airline Cobranded Credit Card
Best Hotel Loyalty Program
Best Hotel Cobranded Credit Card
Best Premium Travel Credit Card (annual fee of $300+)
Best Travel Rewards Credit Card (annual fee of $1-$300)
Best No-Annual-Fee Credit Card
Best Business Credit Card
|Cruises (new this year)
Best Big-Ship Cruise Line (~3,000+ passengers)
Best Mid-Size-Ship Cruise Line (~1,000-3,000 passengers)
Best Small-Ship Cruise Line (less than 1,000 passengers)
Best Cruise Loyalty Program
Note that each question required a response, but you’ll see a “Not applicable” option for all of them. If you don’t feel knowledgeable enough to answer a question — if you don’t have a small-business credit card or aren’t a cruiser, as examples — simply select N/A.
Traveler sentiment survey
But that’s not all. After you select the award winners, the next portion of the survey includes general questions about your travel habits. How are you approaching travel as we near the end of 2020? What are your plans for 2021? And are there things that could speed up your return to the roads and skies?
We’ll use the aggregated data during each themed week, so your responses are entirely anonymous. Please help us capture your overall thoughts on the future of travel.
The 2020 TPG Awards will be very different than years past — but your voice still matters! Take a few minutes to weigh in on which loyalty programs, credit cards and cruise lines are worth of taking home Readers’ Choice honors today. Voting closes on Oct. 30 (less than two weeks away), so be sure to lock in your votes before it’s too late.
And stay tuned for more exciting announcements about the four weeks of content to come.
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED
Featured photo by Riley Arthur/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees