The largest indoor theme park in North America opens this week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Theme park fanatics, rejoice!
In less than a week, the largest indoor theme park in North America will open — Nickelodeon Universe at the American Dream Mall in New Jersey. The park is set to have more than 35 rides, and visitors will be able to mingle with a number of beloved Nickelodeon characters including SpongeBob, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Dora the Explorer.
According to the mall’s developer, Triple Five Group, one of the park’s roller coasters will hold the world record for the steepest roller coaster drop. Another will hold the titles of the world’s tallest and longest free-spinning coaster. But the American Dream Mall isn’t stopping there.
A National Hockey League-regulation size ice rink will open the same weekend as the Nickelodeon attraction, and a DreamWorks Water Park is expected to debut about a month later, on Nov. 27. With over 40 water slides and attractions including a lazy river and wave pool (the world’s largest), it’ll be North America’s largest indoor water park. And starting Dec. 5, visitors will even be able to enjoy North America’s only indoor real-snow park where you can ski and snowboard 365 days a year.
What more could you dream of?
General tickets to the new theme park will cost $39.99, all-access passes will cost $49.99 and children under the age of 2 will be admitted for free. But tickets for the opening weekend — both Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26 — are completely sold out. So, you’ll have to wait a couple of days to experience the new theme park if you have yet to purchase passes. And while the mall’s public areas are opening this year, the retail portion isn’t actually scheduled to open until March 2020, so don’t expect to do any shopping quite yet.
If you do decide to plan a trip to the new Nickelodeon Universe, don’t forget to use one of the best cards for theme parks. Sure, it’s no Disney World, but earning the title of the biggest indoor theme park in North America definitely counts for something.
TPG reached out for additional details and photographs, but did not hear back in time for publication.
Feature photo courtesy of American Dream
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees