The largest indoor theme park in North America opens this week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Theme park fanatics, rejoice!
In less than a week, the largest indoor theme park in North America will open — Nickelodeon Universe at the American Dream Mall in New Jersey. The park is set to have more than 35 rides, and visitors will be able to mingle with a number of beloved Nickelodeon characters including SpongeBob, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Dora the Explorer.
According to the mall’s developer, Triple Five Group, one of the park’s roller coasters will hold the world record for the steepest roller coaster drop. Another will hold the titles of the world’s tallest and longest free-spinning coaster. But the American Dream Mall isn’t stopping there.
A National Hockey League-regulation size ice rink will open the same weekend as the Nickelodeon attraction, and a DreamWorks Water Park is expected to debut about a month later, on Nov. 27. With over 40 water slides and attractions including a lazy river and wave pool (the world’s largest), it’ll be North America’s largest indoor water park. And starting Dec. 5, visitors will even be able to enjoy North America’s only indoor real-snow park where you can ski and snowboard 365 days a year.
What more could you dream of?
General tickets to the new theme park will cost $39.99, all-access passes will cost $49.99 and children under the age of 2 will be admitted for free. But tickets for the opening weekend — both Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26 — are completely sold out. So, you’ll have to wait a couple of days to experience the new theme park if you have yet to purchase passes. And while the mall’s public areas are opening this year, the retail portion isn’t actually scheduled to open until March 2020, so don’t expect to do any shopping quite yet.
If you do decide to plan a trip to the new Nickelodeon Universe, don’t forget to use one of the best cards for theme parks. Sure, it’s no Disney World, but earning the title of the biggest indoor theme park in North America definitely counts for something.
TPG reached out for additional details and photographs, but did not hear back in time for publication.
Feature photo courtesy of American Dream
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee