Today’s your last chance to earn a 130,000-point welcome bonus with no annual fee on the Hilton Honors Surpass card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Welcome bonuses come and go, and today’s the last day you can apply for the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card to snag the welcome bonus of 130,000 bonus points with the $0 introductory annual fee for the first year (then $95, see rates and fees).
Based on TPG’s valuations of Hilton Honors points, these bonus points are worth $780. This is also one of the most effortless welcome offers to obtain, as you’ll need to spend just $2,000 in the first three months of card membership.
New to The Points Guy? Want to learn more about credit card points and miles? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
With the intro annual fee, it’s a perfect time to apply for the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card if you don’t want to fork over an annual fee but want to test the waters with this Hilton Amex co-branded credit card.
Is the Hilton Honors Surpass worth it?
Sitting squarely in the middle of Hilton’s other consumer cards, the Hilton Surpass comes with a $0 intro annual fee for the first year (then $95) as well as the following benefits:
- Earn 12x on eligible purchases at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6x on restaurants, supermarkets and gas in the U.S. and 3x on all other eligible purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold elite status, with the opportunity to earn Diamond status by spending $40,000 or more on purchases with your card in a calendar year.
- Free weekend night reward after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year.
- 10 complimentary Priority Pass lounge visits each year. (Enrollment required)
- Secondary car rental insurance and Global Assist Hotline.
- No foreign transaction fees (see rates and fees)
If you’re able to meet the spend threshold of $15,000 in a calendar year, the free weekend night reward can easily exceed the $95 annual fee, among other benefits you’ll receive from automatic Gold status.
If you’ve been thinking about applying for a new hotel card, this is your last chance to jump on an elevated welcome offer that’s rare for a card with $0 intro annual fee for the first year; then $95. Plus, you can open the card now to test-drive it, see how you like the earning rates and perks and then decide later if it’s worth paying the $95 annual fee after the first year.
Ready to get the card? Here’s your last chance to apply for the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card with a generous 130,000-point welcome bonus.
For rates and fees of the Hilton Honors Surpass card, click here.
Featured photo by John Gribben for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.