Monthly checklist: Credit card perks and benefits you should be using in June
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information.
Depending on how many credit cards you have, your list of benefits and perks to use each month can be pretty overwhelming. Are you going to remember to use each and every one of them to maximize the value of your credit cards? Likely not.
Rather than trying to keep track of all of them on your own, we’ve compiled a monthly checklist of credit card perks and benefits you might be eligible for. This should take the guesswork out of what benefits you have, when they expire and the maximum value of a particular benefit.
Here are some important reminders for the month of June.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
There are numerous monthly credit card perks that you should be using, since Amex offers many of its statement credits as monthly amounts rather than a one-time benefit each year. It’s important to note that these values are “up to” amounts, meaning this is the maximum you will receive in statement credits. If you spend less than this amount, you will be reimbursed only for that lower amount.
Additionally, the Uber credits will disappear from your account if unused by the end of the month.
All of that is to say these are not benefits you can roll over or put in your pocket for later. They are “use it or lose it” credits.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- $12.95 Walmart+ monthly membership: Pay with your card then receive reimbursement. Here’s how to sign up. Plus Ups are excluded.
- $15 Uber credits: This can be used for Uber rides or on Uber Eats orders in the U.S. Simply add your card to your Uber account as a payment method to receive this benefit.
- $20 digital entertainment credit: This can be used for the Disney Bundle, Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, Peacock, The New York Times, Audible and SiriusXM. Enrollment is required in advance. Here’s how to use this benefit.
- $25 Equinox credit: Applies to monthly plans including Equinox All Access, Destination, E by Equinox and the Equinox+ app. Enrollment is required in advance. Here’s how to use this benefit.
While not a monthly benefit, you have until the end of this month to use the first part of your Saks Fifth Avenue credit on the Amex Platinum. From Jan. 1 through June 30 each year, you’ll receive up to $50 in statement credits (you’ll then receive another $50 from July to December). So if you haven’t used the credit yet, this is your last chance to do it before it resets next month. Enrollment is required in advance.
Official application link: The Platinum Card from American Express
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- $10 wireless credits: Pay for an eligible mobile service and receive a statement credit of up to $10. Enrollment is required in advance.
The Business Platinum Card doesn’t award credits at Saks or with Uber, but cardholders do receive up to $400 in statement credits every year for Dell purchases. This is split up into $200 in credits from January-June and another $200 from July-December, so you have until the end of this month to use the first half of this perk. Enrollment is required in advance.
Official application link: The Business Platinum Card from American Express
American Express® Gold Card
- $10 Uber credits: Like the perk on the Platinum Card, this applies to Uber rides and Uber Eats orders in the U.S. Add your card to your Uber account as a payment method to receive this benefit — and note that it can stack with the monthly credit on the Amex Platinum if you have both cards. Here’s how to use this benefit.
- $10 dining credits: Use your card to pay at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, participating Shake Shack locations, Wine.com, Goldbelly and Milk Bar to receive up to $10 in statement credits. Enrollment is required in advance.
Official application link: American Express Gold Card
Select Chase credit cards offer perks from month to month, and many of those have now reset.
Chase Sapphire Reserve
- $5 DoorDash credits: When you add your Sapphire Reserve card as a payment method in your DoorDash account, Chase will add $5 in credits at the beginning of each month (this started in April). You can roll over a maximum of three months of credits, so if you didn’t use last month’s credit, or April’s, you should now have up to $15 to use. Note that these credits are in addition to the free DashPass membership the card provides.
- Peloton membership credits: Through June 30, cardholders get up to $120 in total statement credits when using the Sapphire Reserve card to pay for a Peloton membership.
Official application link: Chase Sapphire Reserve
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- Peloton membership credits: Through June 30, cardholders get up to $60 in total statement credits when using the Sapphire Preferred card to pay for a Peloton membership.
Official application link: Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase Freedom (not open to new applicants) and Chase Freedom Flex
- 5% cash back: Each quarter, you can earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined spending on rotating categories. Current categories include Amazon.com and select streaming services, though you must activate your categories to enjoy the higher earning rates. The current quarter ends on June 30, so you have until the end of this month to maximize these purchases.
Remember that, even though the Freedom cards are technically cash-back products, you can turn these earnings into fully-transferable Ultimate Rewards points if you also have a premium Chase card like the Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve.
The information for the Chase Freedom has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Official application link: Chase Freedom Flex
Numerous Chase cards
- Bonus earnings on $1,500 in spending for targeted members: Through June 30, select cardholders are seeing offers for increased earning rates of 5 points or miles per dollar spent on gas and groceries along with 6 points or miles per dollar spent on United flights. See if you’re eligible for an offer here.
- $10 Gopuff credits: Get a statement credit of up to $10 each month when paying for a Gopuff order with one of the many available cards. Note that there are order minimums.
Citi® Dividend Card (not open to new applicants)
- 5% cash back: Each quarter, you can earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined spending on rotating categories, then unlimited 1% cash back. Remember to activate your categories, which include drugstores and grocery stores through June 30.
The information for the Citi Dividend has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Discover it® Cash Back
- 5% cash back: Each quarter, you can earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined spend on rotating categories, then unlimited 1% cash back. Remember to activate your categories, which include gas stations and Target through June 30.
The information for the Discover it has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card
- 5% cash back: Each quarter, you can earn 5% cash back on up to $2,000 in combined spending on rotating categories, then an unlimited 1% back on other purchases. You must choose your categories from the available options each quarter, and you need to activate them for the bonus to apply. The current quarter ends on June 30 and categories include:
- Cellphone providers.
- Department stores.
- Electronics stores.
- Fast food.
- Furniture stores.
- Ground transportation.
- Gyms/fitness centers.
- Home utilities.
- Movie theaters.
- Select clothing stores.
- Sporting goods stores.
- TV, internet and streaming services.
Official application link: U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature
World Elite Mastercards
World Elite Mastercards
Numerous banks issue World Elite Mastercards. Common products under this umbrella include the Citi Premier® Card, IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and Chase Freedom Flex. Here are some monthly perks to use on these cards:
- $5 in monthly Lyft credit after three rides: Use your card as the payment method in your account and get a $5 Lyft credit after taking three rides in a month.
- $5 discount on your first two DoorDash orders: In addition to a complimentary three-month DoorDash DashPass membership for waived delivery fees on orders of $12 or more, you will receive a $5 discount on your first two DoorDash orders each month. Use your World Elite Mastercard as the default payment method in your account to receive this benefit.
Note that Mastercard’s DoorDash benefits are set to end on Sept. 30.
Using the perks and benefits on your credit cards is key to maximizing their value and justifying the annual fee you pay to keep the card open. Some credit cards make this easy, offering your benefits as a one-time perk to use over the course of the year. Other benefits need to be used in monthly increments, and it can be easy to forget some of these.
Hopefully, this checklist of credit card perks will help you remember to use them now that a new month has arrived.
Featured photo by Karl Tapales/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees