Deal alert: Xanterra offering up to 30% off on your bucket list national park trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest sale. It was originally published in November 2020.
If you’ve always dreamed of doing a bucket list trip to a national park, now could be a good time to plan one.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Xanterra is the concessioner for all accommodations inside some of the best U.S. national parks, including Yellowstone and Grand Canyon. They are currently running a “Free to Travel” sale that could save you as much as 30%. Hit the website for deals on everything from lodges to train rides to cabins. Use the promo code “FREEDOM.”
You can save up to 30% on room rates inside Grand Canyon National Park lodges and stays and activities at several other national parks.
Do note that you will need to stay during the offseason from Halloween to March 10, 2022.
Here’s an option for the Grand Canyon from the website: “Stay inside the park at the Grand Canyon South Rim’s Historic Village, within walking distance of the rim of the Grand Canyon, as well as Lookout Studio and Hopi House. Take advantage of the secret season at the Grand Canyon and enjoy the park without the crowds!”
Or you can stay at the Maswik Lodge for $181 instead of $259 a night.
There’s also a decent deal for 30% off round-trip train tickets or lodging at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Xanterra describes it as, “Stay within walking distance of the Williams Depot and retro-cool Route 66 and then embark on a scenic journey aboard the Grand Canyon Railway to the Grand Canyon.”
There are 30% off stays in Zion, and similar discounts in Yellowstone. They’ve also got options for international travel including deals on airfare to Europe, Ireland tours and going on a Windstar cruise.
Go to Xanterra.com for more deals.
Additional reporting by Katie Genter.
Featured photo by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees