Deal alert: Winter round-trip flights to the Bahamas for less than $400
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Stop what you are doing and head to Google Flights right now because we have a deal to the Bahamas with availability starting next month for under $300 round-trip. Now is the time to plan your Caribbean vacation for travel through March next year.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: American and United.
Routes: ATW/BNA/CAK/CVG/DTW/EVV/FNT/GRB/IND/MKE/MSP and others to NAS
Cost: Starting at $329 round-trip for select routes.
Dates: December 2021 — March 2022, excluding holidays.
This deal was originally sent out by Thrifty Traveler to its Premium members, which notifies members about cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals via email for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually.
The deal includes round-trip flights from various U.S. cities that are historically very cold during the winter months, so this is great news for our Midwestern friends, including those departing from the below to Nassau:
- Cincinnati (CVG), starting at $293
- Milwaukee (MKE), starting at $329
- Evansville (EVV) and Indianapolis (IND), starting at $359
- Appleton (ATW) and Green Bay (GRB), starting at $362
- Detroit (DTW) and Minneapolis (MSP), starting at $372
- Nashville (BNA), starting at $387
- Akron (CAK) and Flint (FNT), starting at $399
To look for fares within this deal, head to Google Flights and enter your departure city and Nassau as your destination, based on your desired dates of travel. If nothing comes up in this search, see if there are any flights departing from cities nearby.
Because it’s not every day that you see a deal originating from Appleton (ATW) or Green Bay (GRB) Wisconsin, I did want to point out that although you can find direct flights from both airports, the ones I found in conducting a test search included two stops and a long, sometimes overnight layover. In this case, it would make more sense to check flight options from Milwaukee (MKE).
Speaking of, since I am sure Milwaukee is absolutely brutal in the winter, how does an early December flight sound for $330 round-trip on American?
The above flight is for American’s main cabin which includes a carry-on and assigned seating.
Travelers in Cincinnati can score a post-NYE deal to Nassau for less than $300 on United.
Because this particular flight is for United’s basic economy, their lowest class, it does not include carry-on luggage, which is a real bummer. To rectify this, you can pay $80 more to upgrade to economy for one included carry-on in addition to free seat selection.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Bahamas is open to travelers but note that a negative COVID-19 test result taken within five days prior to travel to the Bahamas is required for all travelers over the age of 2, in addition to a pre-departure test taken within 72 hours of flying back to the U.S. You can likely arrange the pre-departure test through your hotel. More entry details are available here.
Now is the time to plan your Caribbean vacation and act quickly because this deal is hot.
Featured photo by Adermark Media via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.