Deal alert: Fly to the Virgin Islands from $214
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If your New Year’s resolution includes a winter escape to the Caribbean then this deal could be for you. American, Delta and United Airlines are offering flights to St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands for as low as $214 round-trip. Travel from February to November from a number of U.S. cities to this acclaimed Caribbean destination.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This deal was originally sent out by Thrifty Traveler Premium, which for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually will send news of cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals to your email.
Airlines: American, Delta and United.
Routes: ATL/BOS/DFW/IAD/LAS/MIA/JFK/EWR/MCO/SFO/TPA and others to STT.
How to book: Directly on airline sites or through Google Flights.
Travel dates: February-November 2022.
Departing round-trip flights to St. Thomas (STT) are available from various U.S. cities, including:
- Atlanta (ATL) — $373.
- Boston (BOS) — $313.
- Dallas (DFW) — $313.
- Las Vegas (LAS) — $352.
- Miami (MIA) — $214.
- New York (JFK) — $224.
- Newark (EWR) — $273.
- Orlando (MCO) — $312.
- San Francisco (SFO) — $348.
- Tampa (TPA) — $301.
- Washington, D.C. (IAD) – $396.
One of the most affordable deals we came across was a nonstop flight from Miami (MIA) to St. Thomas (STT) for $214 round-trip at the beginning of February. The deal is for a basic economy ticket on American Airlines, which includes one carry-on. Seat selection and a checked bag are available for an additional fee.
We found flights available in early March from New York (JFK) to St. Thomas for $224 round-trip in American basic economy.
Texans can fly in February from Dallas (DFW) to St. Thomas on United for $313 round-trip with one stop in Houston (IAH). There is also an affordable option on Delta at $329 round-trip with a stop in Atlanta (ATL).
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The white sand beaches, scenic bays and historic towns of the U.S. Virgin Islands are enticing any time of the year. These deals will help get you there for a great price, especially if you travel this winter.
Featured photo by Danita Delimont/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees