Deal Alert: US Cities to Paris From $266 or 18,000 Points Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Flights to the City of Light are on sale! Major carriers including Air France, American and Delta are currently offering flights for as low as $266 round-trip or roughly 18,000 points if you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve and book through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal. The best rates originate from American Airlines and Delta hubs such as Atlanta (ATL), Philadelphia (PHL), Miami (MIA) and New York (JFK) and are available to both major airports in Paris — Charles de Gaulle (CDG) and Orly (ORY). CDG is Paris’ main airport, though ORY is generally preferred by passengers as it’s closer to the city and smaller. You’ll find other solid fares from more origin airports listed below.
Many of these fares book into basic economy. That typically means means that you’ll have to pay to check a bag, but there are some exceptions, such as with Corsair. If you’re flying a full service carrier like Air France, American or Delta you’ll also get free meals and drinks as per usual. Keep in mind that you can combat some of the negative aspects of basic economy by using your airline elite status or a carrier’s co-branded credit card.
For more on how to best optimize your points and miles while in Paris, check out this guide. And to make sure you don’t miss out on what the city has to offer, check out Get Your Guide’s list of best activities in Paris.
To search for these fares, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline, through an OTA like Priceline or plug those dates into the Ultimate Rewards travel portal.
Airlines: Air France, American, Delta, LEVEL, Norwegian, United
Routes: ATL/BOS/CLT/EWR/FLL/JFK/LGA/MIA/PHL/LAX to CDG/ORY
Cost: $266+ or 17,730+ points round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: September 2019 to March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Paris (CDG) for $266 or 17,730 points round-trip in American basic economy:
New York (JFK) to Paris (CDG) for $285 or 19,024 round-trip in Delta basic economy:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Paris (CDG) for $296 or 19,730 round-trip in Delta basic economy:
Miami (MIA) to Paris (ORY) for $338 round-trip nonstop on Corsair:
Miami (MIA) to Paris (CDG) for $341 round-trip nonstop on Air France:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Igor Bumba / Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees