Deal Alert: Flights to Japan, Korea and Thailand From $368 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re thinking about planning your dream trip to Asia, you’re in luck. We’re seeing great sales to Asia from US cities such as Los Angeles (LAX), Boston (BOS) and Houston (IAH) starting at just $368 round-trip. The deals are available to cities like Bangkok (BKK), Tokyo (NRT), Phuket (HKT) and even cities we don’t often see deals to, such as Seoul (ICN).
All fares are in economy, and some include long layovers in cities such as Singapore. US carriers, as well as Asian carriers, are included in the deal. Not all route combinations are discounted, so you may have to play around with your destination city to see what’s pricing low.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Xiamen, Singapore, China Southern, United, ANA, Air Canada, Hainan
Routes: LAS/LAX/IAH/DFW/SEA/BOS/JFK – Asia
Cost: $368+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2019 – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or amextravel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Seoul (ICN) for $368 round-trip on Xiamen:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Shanghai (PVG) for $399 round-trip on United and ANA:
New York (JFK) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $473 round-trip on China Southern:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for $489 round-trip nonstop on Singapore:
Dallas (DFW) to Shanghai (PVG) for $489 round-trip on Alaska and Hainan:
Seattle (SEA) to Phuket (HKT) for $539 round-trip on Singapore (long layover in SIN):
Houston (IAH) to Bangkok (BKK) for $556 round-trip on ANA and United:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Getty Images / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees