Deal alert: US cities to the Bahamas under $300 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The deal was first reported by Secret Flying which offers free membership and deals on their app. The following flights are available in the first few months of 2022.
Airline: JetBlue Airways.
Routes: ATL/BOS/JFK/EWR/FLL/ORD/ to NAS.
How to book: Directly through JetBlue or via Google Flights.
Travel dates: January to February 2022.
The fares below are for a Blue Basic ticket on JetBlue, which includes a personal item and a standard seat. Checked bags and seat selection options are available for additional fees.
Throughout January and February, there are several direct flight options from New York (JFK) to Nassau (NAS) starting at $235 round-trip.
For just a few bucks more, you can book a round-trip flight to the Bahamas for $239 from Newark (EWR) to Nassau (NAS).
Another deal from the East Coast departs from Boston (BOS) to Nassau (NAS) at $281 during February.
You can also snag a deal with a round-trip flight for $229 from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Nassau (NAS) in February.
There are options from departure cities down South including flights from Atlanta (ATL) to Nassau (NAS) for $276, but they are only available on select dates in January.
Flight deals from Chicago (ORD) to Nassau (NAS) are also limited to January but there are a few at $286 round-trip.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
From haggling and shopping at Straw Market to swimming with pigs, there are many memories to be made when visiting the Bahamas. These are pretty good prices, and now may be the time to go.
Featured image by Terrence wijesena/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees