Grab a $250 airline voucher to visit these amazing cities in Tennessee
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga or Knoxville have been on your must-visit list, now may be the best time to finally visit Tennessee. To lure back tourists, the state has funded the Tennessee On Me program. If you book a hotel stay through its website, you’ll get a $250 airline voucher that you can use on American Airlines, Delta or Southwest.
The deal is only available if you book a hotel through this website or you can call 1-(800) 657-6910. You must book a minimum stay of two nights. Bookings are only available on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The first 10,000 people to book will receive the airline voucher.
Pick travel dates between July 11 and Dec. 30, 2021. You must book your trip before Sept. 15, 2021. Tennessee says individuals can purchase up to two packages each. Full payment is required at the time you book. You’ll receive your digital airline voucher via email 48 to 72 hours after your hotel booking is complete.
Once you book, you’re locked in and can’t cancel the reservation since it’s nonrefundable, nonchangeable and nontransferable.
We don’t yet know if you’d receive elite benefits or earn points from these stays but we’ll update this story if we can confirm those details.
While the voucher is $250 per reservation and not per person, there are still some terrific deals to be had as you sort through your lodging options. Here are a few that stood out to TPG.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
When booking a Memphis package, here are the hotels that were offered:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Memphis Downtown
- The Central Station Memphis Curio Collection by Hilton
- Hyatt Centric Beal Street Memphis
- Moxy Memphis Downtown
- Hotel Indigo Memphis Downtown
- Crown Plaza Memphis Downtown
On several dates, we saw the Moxy Memphis Downtown for just $298 plus $73.39 in taxes and fees. You’d pay $371.39 for a two-night stay minus the $250 airline credit and that comes to just $121.29 or about $60 per night to stay in one of America’s most vibrant cities.
There are tons of Nashville hotels participating in this deal, including:
- Grand Hyatt Nashville
- The Joseph, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Nashville
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Nashville Near Vanderbilt
- Kimpton Aertson Hotel
- Holston House Nashville in The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville Downtown Capitol View
- Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University
- Tru by Hilton Nashville Downtown Convention Center
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Downtown Convention Center
- Renaissance Nashville Hotel
- Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown
- JW Marriott Nashville
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Downtown
- 21c Museum Hotel Nashville
- Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown Conference Center
- Hyatt House Nashville at Vanderbilt
While the Nashville hotels are pricier than those in Memphis, there are still some deals, including the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Nashville Near Vanderbilt for $328 plus taxes and fees for a two-night stay.
When we checked availability in Chattanooga, there were 18 hotels participating. Some of the ones that stood out to us include:
- The Edwin Hotel, Autograph Collection
- The Chattanoogan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
- The Westin Chattanooga
- Kinley Chattanooga Southside, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
However, if you’re looking for the most cost-effective lodging, we saw the Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place for just $227 plus taxes and fees for a two-night stay from Sept. 19–21.
For example, you can fly American Airlines from Charlotte-CLT to Chattanooga on those dates for $293. So, minus the $250 voucher, you’d pay $43 for the flight and $313 for the hotel package. Not too shabby.
Knoxville also had plenty of limited-service brands to choose from but also places such as the Hilton Knoxville and Cumberland House Knoxville, Tapestry Collection by Hilton.
But, the absolute best deal we saw was the Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Knoxville West – Cedar Bluff for just $150 plus taxes and fees for a two-night stay.
If you’re interested in heading to one of these four Tennessee cities and want to scoop up that $250 airline voucher, don’t delay. Book ASAP since there are only 10,000 airline vouchers available right now.
Featured image by Jon Hicks/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees