Deal Alert: Southwest Flights From $49 One-Way Through October
If you missed last week’s Southwest sale, no worries. It’s back, and this week’s deals extend travel dates to Hawaii through early November. Travel dates for discounted fares are as follows:
- Within the continental US: August 20 – August 29, and September 3 – October 30, 2019.
- Hawaii inter-island: May 28 – November 2, 2019.
- To/from San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU): September 4 – October 31, 2019.
- International routes: August 20 – October 30, 2019.
In order to qualify for these discounts, your trip must be booked by May 9, 2019. As always, Rapid Reward award redemption bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight.
All fares are nonrefundable, although Southwest does allow you to convert nonrefundable travel credit toward a future flight within one year of the original purchase date. And if you’ve already made a reservation through Southwest and later find that the price of the ticket has decreased, you can request the difference in fare with no change fees. Also remember that Southwest award redemptions are tied to the ticket’s price, so this is a prime opportunity to use Southwest miles for a cheap trip. You can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Southwest instantly at a 1:1 ratio.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: From $44 or 2,154 Southwest points + $5.60 one-way
Travel Dates: August – October 2019
Purchase by: May 9
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare on airfare booked directly with airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Booking Link: Southwest.com
Here are some examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Nashville (BNA) for 2,517 points + $5.60 one-way:
Burbank (BUR) to San Francisco (SFO) for $59 one-way:
Kansas City (MCI) to Dallas (DAL) for $88 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.