Deal alert: Nonstop fares to Seattle from $107
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Pacific Northwest is one of the most beautiful and diverse areas of the United States, and Seattle is the perfect place to begin your exploration of the area. Now you can fly there and save big as fares have been slashed for travel between now and November of 2022 — as low as $107 nonstop — although the widest selection and best prices we saw were at the start of the year.
Want TPG news and deal alerts delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
We saw a lot of nonstop flights available. American and United fares are for Main Cabin which comes with a carry-on and seat assignment. The Alaska and Delta fares are in the Basic Economy tier. The discounted fares work in reverse if you live in Seattle and are looking to travel. Our friends at Thrifty Traveler alerted us about this deal, which they sent out first to their premium subscribers. That service is available for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually. This membership fee can easily pay for itself since you’ll get notified of cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals straight to your email.
Nonmembers can find sale prices by using Google Flights to search for desired routes and dates.
There are so many reasons why Seattle is a great city to visit, including its great music scene, the iconic Space Needle and of course the Boeing factory in nearby Everett. The factory tour there is a must for AVGeeks. FYI, make time for a scrumptious breakfast at the Biscuit Bitch restaurant in the Pike Place Market. You’ll probably have to wait for a table, but trust me, the biscuits are worth it.
Airlines: Alaska Air, American, Delta and United.
Routes: ANC/AUS/BOI/BOS/BUR/DEN/DFW/EWR/FLL/LAS/LAX/MIA/MSP/ORD/PHX/SAN and other cities to SEA.
Cost: Round-trip flights are available from $107; some nonstops are available
Dates: January-November 2022; best availability found during the spring.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
One of the lowest fares we saw was a nonstop on American from Phoenix (PHX) to Seattle (SEA) in January for just $107 round-trip. This is a Main Cabin seat.
San Diego (SAN) to Seattle (SEA) is available on Delta for $117 in February. It’s for Delta’s Basic Economy which comes with a free carry-on but you’re the last to board. On the plus side, it’s a nonstop itinerary and there was a lot of flights to choose from. Also, if you do feel the need to upgrade, it’s just $50 to go to the Main Cabin.
February is a month with some of the best fares in this deal. For example, Minneapolis (MSP) to Seattle nonstop can be had for just $159.
Flights out of Chicago (ORD) are even cheaper in, you guessed it, February. Nonstop fares on American in the Main Cabin are available for $150.
The best price we saw out of NYC for a nonstop flight to Seattle was a January itinerary on Alaska Air departing from Kennedy Airport (JFK) for $197. That flight usually sells for almost double that price.
We also saw similar prices for Alaska Air flights from Newark Liberty Airport (EWR) in January. So if that airport is more convenient for you, make sure to search those routes, too.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, like The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
Seattle is a great city to visit anytime, but especially when you can get fares like this. One last tip: When you land at the Seattle-Tacoma International airport, take your time and enjoy the incredible artwork on display that was created by local artists.
Featured photo by David Hogan/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees