Deal Alert: Fly to San Francisco for as low as $78 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
San Francisco is one of the country’s most iconic cities, and if you’ve never visited, you should definitely jump on this opportunity. Alaska, American, Delta and United Airlines are all offering flights from several major U.S. cities to San Francisco for travel from February to November.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The deal was reported by Thrifty Traveler Premium, which for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually will send news of cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals to your email.
Airlines: Alaska, American, Delta and United.
Routes: AUS/JFK/LAS/LAX/ONT/SLC and others to SFO.
How to book: Directly through the airlines or through Google Flights.
Travel dates: February – November 2022
Here are some of the departure cities included in this deal to San Francisco (SFO):
- Albuquerque (ABQ) – $183
- Austin (AUS) – $157
- Boise (BOI) – $138
- Chicago (ORD) – $177
- Dallas (DFW/DAL) – $163
- Denver (DEN) – $147
- Las Vegas (LAS) – $116
- Los Angeles (LAX) – $78
- Miami (MIA) – $193
- New York (JFK) – $187
- Newark (EWR) – $177
- Ontario (ONT) – $128
- Phoenix (PHX) – $127
- Portland (PDX) – $138
- Salt Lake City (SLC) – $117
- San Diego (SAN) – $98
- Seattle (SEA) – $138
- Tampa (TPA) – $197
The fares below are for economy flights, which do not include a checked bag. One carry-on is allowed on Main Cabin bookings on American and each airline’s version of basic economy seats on Alaska and Delta. On United, the basic economy fare does not include a free carry-on.
We found one of the cheapest deals from Los Angeles (LAX) to San Francisco (SFO) on United for $78 round-trip.
You can also fly from another LA-area airport, Ontario (ONT) to San Francisco (SFO) at $128 round-trip on United. The best fares are available in February.
Direct flights are available from Salt Lake City (SLC) to San Francisco (SFO) for $118 round-trip on Delta and Alaska.
If you’re looking for a cross-country trip at a great price, flights on American, Alaska, Delta and United airlines are available at $178 round-trip from New York (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO).
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3 points per dollar on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Golden Gate Bridge, a cable car ride with views of San Francisco Bay, and a trek to Alcatraz Island are but a few attractions awaiting in the City by the Bay. If you plan your time wisely, you can also take a side trip to one of the world’s most acclaimed wine regions. Now is the chance to see one of the gems of the West Coast at a great price.
Featured image by Can Balcioglu/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees