Deal Alert: Fly to San Francisco for as low as $78 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
San Francisco is one of the country’s most iconic cities, and if you’ve never visited, you should definitely jump on this opportunity. Alaska, American, Delta and United Airlines are all offering flights from several major U.S. cities to San Francisco for travel from February to November.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The deal was reported by Thrifty Traveler Premium, which for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually will send news of cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals to your email.
Airlines: Alaska, American, Delta and United.
Routes: AUS/JFK/LAS/LAX/ONT/SLC and others to SFO.
How to book: Directly through the airlines or through Google Flights.
Travel dates: February – November 2022
Here are some of the departure cities included in this deal to San Francisco (SFO):
- Albuquerque (ABQ) – $183
- Austin (AUS) – $157
- Boise (BOI) – $138
- Chicago (ORD) – $177
- Dallas (DFW/DAL) – $163
- Denver (DEN) – $147
- Las Vegas (LAS) – $116
- Los Angeles (LAX) – $78
- Miami (MIA) – $193
- New York (JFK) – $187
- Newark (EWR) – $177
- Ontario (ONT) – $128
- Phoenix (PHX) – $127
- Portland (PDX) – $138
- Salt Lake City (SLC) – $117
- San Diego (SAN) – $98
- Seattle (SEA) – $138
- Tampa (TPA) – $197
The fares below are for economy flights, which do not include a checked bag. One carry-on is allowed on Main Cabin bookings on American and each airline’s version of basic economy seats on Alaska and Delta. On United, the basic economy fare does not include a free carry-on.
We found one of the cheapest deals from Los Angeles (LAX) to San Francisco (SFO) on United for $78 round-trip.
You can also fly from another LA-area airport, Ontario (ONT) to San Francisco (SFO) at $128 round-trip on United. The best fares are available in February.
Direct flights are available from Salt Lake City (SLC) to San Francisco (SFO) for $118 round-trip on Delta and Alaska.
If you’re looking for a cross-country trip at a great price, flights on American, Alaska, Delta and United airlines are available at $178 round-trip from New York (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO).
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3 points per dollar on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Golden Gate Bridge, a cable car ride with views of San Francisco Bay, and a trek to Alcatraz Island are but a few attractions awaiting in the City by the Bay. If you plan your time wisely, you can also take a side trip to one of the world’s most acclaimed wine regions. Now is the chance to see one of the gems of the West Coast at a great price.
Featured image by Can Balcioglu/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees