Deal alert: Round-trip flights to Switzerland under $400 from major U.S. cities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve ever wanted to explore Switzerland’s scenery and history (not to mention its chocolates, wine and other delectables), this might be the deal for you. Scandinavian Airlines is offering affordable flights to Geneva, the country’s bustling, second-largest city. Travel from major U.S. cities throughout the month of February under $400 round-trip.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The deal was first reported by The Flight Deal which has a premium annual subscription for $80 which allows access to first, business and premium economy offers. This deal is only available for travel during the month of February.
Airline: Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)
Routes: EWR/IAD/MIA/ORD/SFO to GVA.
How to book: Directly through airline site or via Google Flights.
Travel dates: February 2022
The deals below are for SAS Go Light seats which include a carry-on but there is a fee for a checked bag. The ticket is non-refundable.
For travelers in the tri-state area, flights from Newark (EWR) to Geneva (GVA) are available for $368 round-trip with one stop in Stockholm.
Floridians can also travel from Miami (MIA) to Geneva (GVA) in the beginning of February for $368 round-trip. This rate is also half of what fares are in March.
Flights from Chicago (ORD) to Geneva (GVA) are available at $379 round-trip with a stop in Copenhagen (CPH) at the end of February.
Those on the West Coast can also take advantage of great deals. We found fares from San Francisco (SFO) to Geneva (GVA) for $379 round-trip, which is $300 less than flights in March.
There are limited flights available in February from Washington D.C. (IAD) to Geneva (GVA) for $389 round-trip, with a stop in Copenhagen (CPH).
(Screenshot courtesy of Google Flights)
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If a Swiss adventure sounds like an exciting way to begin the new year (or spend Valentine’s Day?) this deal from SAS can get you there for an incredible fare.
Featured image by cdbrphotography/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees