Prime Day Deal Alert: Tablets and E-Readers From $30
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Black Friday Prime Day is finally here and Amazon has a ton of amazing deals in store. But with thousands of products to choose from, and new deals starting as often as every five minutes, it’s easy to get lost and think that you’re actually in the Amazon. To help you on this hunt, we here at TPG are scouring Amazon all day to find the best deals that might be worth a look. And while the discounts are exciting in and of themselves, there are also ways to maximize your return on Amazon spending during this one-day sale, which you can read about at the end of the post.
As a reminder, these discounts are available exclusively to Amazon Prime members beginning at 3:00pm ET. If you’re not currently an Amazon Prime member, you can sign up today for a free trial to take advantage of the sale. In addition, Prime Student allows college students to receive a free six-month trial membership.
As in-flight entertainment screens go extinct, it’s becoming more important to BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) when traveling. While purchasing iPads for everyone in your family could be costly, there are some great alternatives, such as Amazon’s Fire tablets and Kindles, which are reasonably priced. And with today’s discounts, you can score one for as little as $30 — or $10 if you were targeted by Amex for this offer.
Here are the deals:
2. Kindle E-reader, 6″ Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi, Built-In Audible – Includes Special Offers for $50 (was $80 — now 38% off) or $10 if targeted
3. Fire HD 10 Tablet, 10.1″ 1080p Full HD Display, 32 GB – with Special Offers for $100 (was $150 — now 33% off)
4. Kindle Paperwhite E-reader, 6″ High-Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi – Includes Special Offers for $80 (was $120 — now 33% off) or $40 if targeted
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget, you can maximize your rewards on Amazon purchases by using a credit card such as the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature, Chase Freedom Unlimited and Citi® Double Cash Card. Check out this post for a deeper dive into the best cards for Amazon purchases — not only on Prime Day, but every day of the year. The information for the Citi Double Cash card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Follow The Points Guy for comprehensive coverage of Prime Day 2018 — click here for more great deals.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.