This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Black Friday Prime Day is finally here and Amazon has a ton of amazing deals in store. But with thousands of products to choose from, and new deals starting as often as every five minutes, it’s easy to get lost and think that you’re actually in the Amazon. To help you on this hunt, we here at TPG are scouring Amazon all day to find the best deals that might be worth a look. And while the discounts are exciting in and of themselves, there are also ways to maximize your return on Amazon spending during this one-day sale, which you can read about at the end of the post.
As a reminder, these discounts are available exclusively to Amazon Prime members beginning at 3:00pm ET. If you’re not currently an Amazon Prime member, you can sign up today for a free trial to take advantage of the sale. In addition, Prime Student allows college students to receive a free six-month trial membership.
As in-flight entertainment screens go extinct, it’s becoming more important to BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) when traveling. While purchasing iPads for everyone in your family could be costly, there are some great alternatives, such as Amazon’s Fire tablets and Kindles, which are reasonably priced. And with today’s discounts, you can score one for as little as $30 — or $10 if you were targeted by Amex for this offer.
Here are the deals:
2. Kindle E-reader, 6″ Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi, Built-In Audible – Includes Special Offers for $50 (was $80 — now 38% off) or $10 if targeted
3. Fire HD 10 Tablet, 10.1″ 1080p Full HD Display, 32 GB – with Special Offers for $100 (was $150 — now 33% off)
4. Kindle Paperwhite E-reader, 6″ High-Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi – Includes Special Offers for $80 (was $120 — now 33% off) or $40 if targeted
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget, you can maximize your rewards on Amazon purchases by using a credit card such as the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature, Chase Freedom Unlimited and Citi Double Cash Card. Check out this post for a deeper dive into the best cards for Amazon purchases — not only on Prime Day, but every day of the year.
Follow The Points Guy for comprehensive coverage of Prime Day 2018 — click here for more great deals.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.99-25.74%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase - it's automatic
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee