France deal alert: Nice and Paris from San Francisco from $379
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you live in California‘s Bay Area, this deal alert is for you.
It’s not just Paris, either. You can plan an escape to the French Riviera since flights to Nice are also on sale for as low as $379 round-trip. There are even some itineraries that include the Thanksgiving holiday.
This sale involves economy fares, which means you’ll have to pay extra to check luggage. Checking a bag will cost you around $75 each way, so keep that in mind as you choose your itinerary and reach out to the airline before you book.
Also, these flights include layovers in Lisbon, Portugal, so be aware as you search for possible dates.
The best availability for this sale is for travel between October 2022 and March 2023.
Want more TPG news delivered every morning to your inbox? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
Thanks to Scott’s Cheap Flights for first alerting us to this deal. Its Premium membership is available for $49 per year, while the Elite tier option is available for $199 per year. The latter offers access to deals on premium economy, business- and first-class tickets.
As always, be as flexible with your travel plans as possible, as it’ll typically help you find better prices.
Airline: TAP Air Portugal.
Routes: San Francisco to Paris and Nice, France.
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly with the airline.
Travel dates: Best availability from October 2022 through March 2023; some routes include Thanksgiving.
The flights to Paris in this deal involve Paris-Orly Airport (ORY), not Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG).
With that in mind, let’s start with a great deal TAP has for a February itinerary from San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to Orly for just $379 round-trip.
With TAP you get a free carry-on, but a checked bag will cost you extra.
We didn’t find much availability at that price, but we did see it. In March, TAP has this same itinerary available for $416 round-trip, still a good deal.
Want to spend part of the Christmas season in France? Book a flight from San Francisco to Paris in December for only $428 round-trip. That’s much less than normal fares during the holiday season.
TAP has tickets from San Francisco to Nice Cote d’Azur Airport (NCE) in February for $516 round-trip.
The same route is available in March for only $503 round-trip. This is a nice discount considering round-trip flights from the Bay Area to Nice typically cost over $800.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you live on the West Coast, this is a good time to lock in a good price on a vacation to France.
Featured photo by StockByM/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees