You can book round-trip flights to Australia and New Zealand as low as $775
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While the prices on today’s deal aren’t quite as cheap as the deals we saw before the pandemic, round-trip flights to each country for less than $1,000 are worth celebrating. Some are even nonstop. These deals are particularly beneficial for those looking to travel this year.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: Delta, American, Fiji, Qantas, Air Canada, United.
Routes: LAX/BOS/DEN/MSY/OAK/AUS/SFO/SEA/TUS and others to SYD; SFO/SEA to AKL.
How to book: Directly through the airline.
Travel dates: Aug.-Dec. 2022, excluding holidays.
Book by: 1-2 days.
You can thank Scott’s Cheap Flights for sending us this deal. Sign up for a Premium membership — which users can try for free for 14 days or $49 per year — and get deals up to 90% off. You can also upgrade to the Elite tier for $199 per year and receive all the Premium deals plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
Because this deal features flights from various U.S. cities to Sydney, it’s best to begin your search on Google Flights by browsing availability from your desired airport of choice. From there, you’ll find various flights that can be booked as part of this deal.
Example round-trip flights to Sydney depart from:
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), starting at $798.
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), starting at $804.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), starting at $813.
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW)/Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP)/Palm Springs International Airport (PSP), starting at $817.
- Billings Logan International Airport (BIL)/Colorado Springs Airport (COS)/Hector International Airport (FAR)/Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD) and others, starting at $902.
Travelers heading to New Zealand can fly from SEA or San Fransisco International Airport (SFO), starting at $776 and $874 respectively.
For example, travelers can book this round-trip, nonstop flight from Los Angeles to Sydney in August for less than $800.
This flight, along with the others you’ll find in this deal are for the carrier’s lowest class, which in this case, is basic economy. Unlike some other carriers, this fare type on Delta includes one full-sized carry-on and one checked bag, but you aren’t eligible to choose your seat and most Delta basic economy fees cannot be changed or canceled.
Seattle-based travelers who would prefer to head to New Zealand first could fly to Auckland via Air Canada for an even lower-priced flight if they don’t mind two layovers.
Air Canada’s standard fare resembles Delta’s basic economy, in that it includes both one carry-on and checked bag, but also provides flexibility for ticket changes while still being nonrefundable.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year, Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Flying from the U.S. to Oceania, particularly from the East Coast, for less than $1000 round-trip is rare, so these flights are likely to disappear quickly.
Featured photo by Mint Images/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.