Deal alert: Mexico for 10,000 Delta SkyMiles or under $200 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As we head into the final weeks of summer, you’ll be sure to perk up at the sound of this deal. Whether you’re looking to pay with cash or use your points and miles, we’ve found round-trip flights to Mexico for as low as 10,000 Delta SkyMiles or under $200 from a multitude of U.S. cities.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The Delta SkyMiles deal was originally sent out by Thrifty Traveler Premium, and subscriptions are available for just $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually. Our friends over at Scott’s Cheap Flights notified us of the cash deal to Mexico, and have a range of membership plans from limited (free) and premium ($49 a year) to elite ($199 a year). These membership fees can easily pay for themselves since you’ll get notified of cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals straight to your email.
Airline: Aeromexico, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways and United Airlines.
Routes: From many domestic airports to Cancun (CUN), Puerto Vallarta (PVR) and Cabo (SJD) in Mexico.
Cost: From 10,000 SkyMiles or $188 round-trip.
Dates: September to May 2022.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
Delta SkyMiles deal starting at 10,000 SkyMiles round-trip
Although we value Delta SkyMiles much lower than other rewards currencies (just 1.1 cents each), they’re still worth collecting since you’ll often find deals like this. Delta is offering this sale across many U.S. cities, but here are just a few examples of flights we’ve found:
Seattle (SEA) to Puerto Vallarta (PVR) for 10,000 SkyMiles and $108 in taxes and fees
St. Louis (STL) to Cancun (CUN) for 11,000 SkyMiles and $93 in taxes and fees
Los Angeles (LAX) to Cabo (SJD) for 11,000 SkyMiles and $109 in taxes and fees
Round-trip flights to Mexico under $200
If you don’t have a stash of SkyMiles, you can still find excellent prices to Mexico for well under $200 round-trip. Here are some ideas:
Chicago (ORD) to Cancun (CUN) for $185
Houston (IAH) to Cancun (CUN) for $186
Detroit (DTW) to Cancun (CUN) for $203
How to book
There are no tricks or special codes needed to find these fares.
If you’re booking with SkyMiles, head to Delta Air Lines and plug in your desired departure and destination cities. Then, press “Shop with Miles” and use the calendar function to find dates that work for you. If you’re paying with cash, head to Google Flights and plug in your desired departure and destination cities. Then, use the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you and then click through to book with the airline directly.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel), American Express Gold Card (3x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on air travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Melanie Lieberman for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees