Deal alert: Fly to the paradise of Mauritius from $853
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Located in the Indian Ocean, the small island of Mauritius is a low-key spot for travelers who want an island escape. This stunning destination offers views of the sea and mountains. Air France, Air Mauritius and Delta are offering discounted fares to Mauritius from major U.S. cities for under $900 round-trip.
Scott’s Cheap Flights, which offers a premium membership that alerts readers to discounted fares for $49 a year, first reported this deal. Depending on the route, these offers are available for travel from March of this year to January 2023.
Airlines: Air France, Air Mauritius, Delta
Routes: IAD/JFK/LAX to MRU
How to book: Directly through the airlines or through Google Flights
Travel dates: March 2022 — January 2023
These deals are for a standard economy flight that includes a standard seat, carry-on and two checked bags. The fares below are under $900 round-trip. Normally, prices on these routes can go above $2,000 round-trip.
The most affordable flight we came across is from Washington D.C. (IAD) to Mauritius (MRU) for $853 round-trip. There are stops over five hours long in Paris (CDG) each way.
Travelers can go from New York (JFK) to Mauritius (MRU) for $873 round-trip with layovers in Paris (CDG) on the departure and return flights.
Anyone flying on the West Coast can go from Los Angeles (LAX) to Mauritius (MRU) for $897 round-trip. There is a wide availability of this flight at this price throughout the end of the year. The deal below is for the beginning of December.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Known as the “jewel” of the Indian Ocean, this hidden gem won’t be a secret for travelers much longer. Get in on these deals to explore Mauritius, a special destination off the beaten path.
Featured photo by Victoria Walker/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees