Jamaica deal alert: Head to Montego Bay with nonstop sub-$300 flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The idyllic tropical beauty of Jamaica is within reach this winter at fantastic prices. You can find peak season fares from a number of cities, including many nonstops from major markets.
JetBlue fares in this sale are for Main Cabin, which includes carry-on and seat assignment. American and Delta flights are Basic Economy seats. So if you’re a really efficient packer, this is a great deal to consider. Because most of us are going to Jamaica to enjoy their beautiful beaches, so it should be easy to pack lightly, no?
Thanks to Thrifty Traveler for giving us the heads about this latest deal, which they sent out first to their premium subscribers. That service is available for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually. This membership fee can easily pay for itself since you’ll get notified of cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals straight to your email.
Nonmembers can find sale prices by using Google Flights to search for desired routes and dates.
Want TPG news and deal alerts delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: American, Delta, JetBlue
Routes: New York, Minneapolis, Houston, Denver and other cities to Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ).
Cost: Round-trip flights are available from $263.
Dates: January-June 2022; availability varies by city.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
New York City (JFK) to Jamaica is much cheaper than usual with this deal. We found lots of sub-$300 fares from January through March. This Delta deal, for a nonstop Basic Economy seat, is just $263.
Travelers in Minnesota looking for a break from their typically harsh winters can hightail it from Minneapolis (MSP) to Montego Bay (MBJ) in February on a nonstop flight for $375, a nice discount for this time of year. It’s a Delta Basic Economy, which gives you a free carry-on. If you need to check a bag, it will cost you an additional $60.
Houston (IAH) to Montego Bay is also available for almost 50% less than normal prices. We found this January Basic Economy fare on Delta, with a layover in Atlanta, for only $334. Similar itineraries at that same price were available in February and March, too.
If you live near the Rockies and have had your fill of skiing, you can jet from Denver (DEN) to Jamaica in February for a really nice price. American has Basic Economy fares for only $316 round-trip, almost half of what this ticket usually costs.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, like The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
As always with deals like this, flexibility is key. So if you have the ability to travel at various times in the early months of 2022, you can score a great price on a ticket to Jamaica and its bountiful beaches.
Featured photo by Manfred Muenzl/EyeEm for Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees