Save up to $1,000 on business-class flights to Italy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Instead of joining the tourist masses this summer, save some of your hard-earned cash and book a discounted business deal to Europe for travel later this year.
Consider reserving these business-class fares to Italian destinations such as Milan, Rome, Naples and Bari, for travel starting this fall through April. The best availability is out of New York City airports.
Round-trip tickets for these discounted routes begin at $2,200, compared to their usual price tag of $3,500.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: Turkish Airlines, La Compagnie and others.
Routes: JFK/EWR/BOS/ORD/MIA/ATL/MSP/OAK and others to FCO/MXP/NAP/BRI.
How to book: Browse Google Flights and then book directly through the airline.
Travel dates: October 2022-April 2023, exact availability depends on the route, with some flights over the holidays.
Book by: 1-2 days.
Thank you to Scott’s Cheap Flights for sending us this deal. You can try SCF for free for 14 days. Sign up for an SCF Premium membership for $49 per year to receive flight deals up to 90% off. Or, upgrade to the Elite tier for $199 per year and receive all the Premium deals plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts, like this one.
As mentioned, this deal includes round-trip business flights from the U.S. to four cities in Italy, starting at less than $2,200, including:
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) to Naples International Airport (BAP), starting at $2,182.
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to Malpensa Airport (MXP), starting at $2,296.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Oakland International Airport (OAK) to Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO), starting at $2,380.
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) to FCO, starting at $2,382.
- Miami International Airport (MIA) to FCO, starting at $2,465.
- BOS to Bari International Airport-Karol Wojtyla (BRI), starting at $2,592.
- EWR to BAP, starting at $2,677.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to BRI, starting at $2,850.
To search for this deal, head to Google Flights, enter your origin city and destination and be sure to select the “Business” filter at the top before populating results.
Once you find a flight that works with your desired dates of travel, head to the airline directly to book your flights. For example, a quick search told me I could book a La Compagnie flight from EWR to MXP over Christmas for just more than $2,200, as shown below.
Note that La Compagnie is an all-business-class airline, though differences in fare types still exist. The above flight is for a promo fare, which means it is nonrefundable but can be modified for free if needed down the line.
Even with a discounted fare, travelers can expect traditional La Compagnie service, including full-flat seats in a 2-2 configuration, free Wi-Fi, amenity kits with Caudalie skincare products and seasonally curated menus by Michelin-starred chefs, among other onboard luxuries. Additionally, all baggage is included — specifically, two checked bags and one carry-on bag.
Be sure to scour this deal for sale flights to Rome, Naples and Bari as well, and note any differences in fare types before booking.
Maximize your purchase
If you book this deal, be sure to use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year) or the American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline). Citi card holders can use the Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare) or Citi Premier® Card, for 5 points per dollar and 3 points per dollar on airfare respectively. Or try the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel). Read TPG’s guide for more ways to maximize airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
This is an opportunity to book a business-class deal to Italy from both the East Coast and West Coast, with fares starting around $2,200-$2,300, including flights over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
Related: What’s new in Italy right now
Featured photo by Nico De Pasquale Photography/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees