First class deal alert: Flights to Hawaii from $977
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Coach fares can be pricey to Hawaii, but with this deal you can fly there in a premium cabin for just a few hundred more than it usually costs to fly economy. American, Delta and Hawaiian Airlines are offering discounted first class seats to Kauai, Maui and Oahu from major cities in the U.S.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This deal was first published by Scott’s Cheap Flights, which offers a premium membership that sends readers alerts on discounted fares for $49 a year. These rates to Hawaii are sprinkled throughout the year from March to December.
Airlines: American, Delta, Hawaiian
Routes: DEN/LAX/PDX/ORD/SEA to HNL/LIH/OGG
How to book: Directly through the airlines or through Google Flights
Travel dates: March — December
The deals below are first class seats, which include a premium seat, carry-on, priority boarding and two checked bags. The fares below are alll under $1,500 round-trip.
The most affordable deal we came across was a first class fare from Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) for $977 round-trip on a direct United flight.
Travelers can also fly nonstop on United from Portland (PDX) to Honolulu (HNL) for $1,106 round-trip. The offer below includes short stops in San Francisco (SFO) each way.
Another West Coast flight is from Seattle (SEA) to Kahului (OGG) on Maui for $1,234 round-trip. The flight from SEA is on Hawaiian Airlines with a stop in Honolulu (HNL) and the return flight is nonstop on Delta.
There are limited flights available from Denver (DEN) to Kauai (LIH). The offer we found was in the middle of May for $1,386 round trip with long layovers in San Francisco (SFO).
Travelers can skip the chilly weather in Chicago (ORD) and head to Honolulu (HNL) for $1,481 round-trip on Delta with stops in Seattle (SEA) each way.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Relax on the beach, catch some waves and explore everything Hawaii offers. Don’t miss out on getting there in style with these first class deals.
Featured photo by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees