Deal alert: Hawaii flights from $99 one-way on Alaska Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Feeling cooped up at home? Sunshine will help. Flights to the Aloha state have dropped to as low as $99 one way on Alaska Airlines. This sale lasts until 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on March 5, and is valid between California cities and Hawaii destinations.
- Los Angeles to Maui: From $99 one-way
- San Diego to Kauai/Kona: From$99 one-way
- San Jose to Kona/Honolulu/Maui/Kauai: From $99 one-way
To find the best rates, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities, then scroll through the calendar function to find your dates and prices. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an online travel agency, like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Alaska Airlines
Routes: LAX/SAN/SJC and more to HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH
Cost: From $99 one-way (Saver) or $129 one-way (Main)
Dates: April 21 to May 20, 2020 — on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare immediately after earning your $300 annual travel credit), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to maximizing airfare purchases for more details.
You could also use the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card to earn 3 miles per dollar on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases. It’s a good time to consider the card because it’s currently offering 40,000 bonus miles, a $100 statement credit, and Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $22) when you make $2,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account. Be sure to check out our post on maximizing Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles.
Featured photo by Timur Alexandrov/EyeEm/Getty Images.
Updated on 5/4/22.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.