Deal alert: Hawaii flights from $99 one-way on Alaska Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Feeling cooped up at home? Sunshine will help. Flights to the Aloha state have dropped to as low as $99 one way on Alaska Airlines. This sale lasts until 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on March 5, and is valid between California cities and Hawaii destinations.
- Los Angeles to Maui: From $99 one-way
- San Diego to Kauai/Kona: From$99 one-way
- San Jose to Kona/Honolulu/Maui/Kauai: From $99 one-way
To find the best rates, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities, then scroll through the calendar function to find your dates and prices. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an online travel agency, like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Alaska Airlines
Routes: LAX/SAN/SJC and more to HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH
Cost: From $99 one-way (Saver) or $129 one-way (Main)
Dates: April 21 to May 20, 2020 — on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare immediately after earning your $300 annual travel credit), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card and Citi Premier Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to maximizing airfare purchases for more details.
You could also use the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card to earn 3 miles per dollar on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases. It’s a good time to consider the card because it’s currently offering a limited time bonus of 40,000 Alaska Airlines miles plus a $100 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of opening your account. Be sure to check out our post on maximizing Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles.
Featured photo by Timur Alexandrov/EyeEm/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.