Deal Alert: Frontier Flights Around the Country for Just $15 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year). Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
We’re seeing deals from Newark to Phoenix (PHX), San Juan (SJU), Miami (MIA) and more starting from just $15 one-way and $30 round-trip. The deals also work in reverse, both one-way and round-trip. Note that some routes begin on Nov. 14 (LAS, MCO, MIA), while others begin Dec. 10 (ATL, PHX, PBI).
The tickets are so low that the fare is mostly comprised of taxes, with the actual airfare costing as little as thirty cents.
Of course, if flying Frontier, there are restrictions you’ll want to be aware of before your trip. While you’ll get a free personal item (think as small as a laptop bag), you’ll pay to bring a carry-on or checked bag and pick your seat. Bags are even more expensive if you wait until you get to the airport. We have a helpful guide to prepare you for your next Frontier flight.
And while Frontier doesn’t participate in any airline alliances, it does have several hotel partners, including Radisson, Wyndham and Marriott. Members who provide their Frontier Miles info at participating hotels will earn award miles for their stay. TPG values Frontier miles at 1.1 cents each.
To search, head directly to Frontier’s website and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Routes: EWR – PHX/MIA/PBI/ATL/LAS/MCO/SJU and in reverse
Cost: $15 one-way or $30 round-trip
Dates: Beginning Nov. 14
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $15 one-way (also works in reverse):
Newark (EWR) to Phoenix (PHX) for $15 one-way (also works in reverse):
Atlanta (ATL) to Newark (EWR) for $15 one-way (also works in reverse):
Las Vegas (LAS) to Newark (EWR) for $30 round-trip (also works in reverse):
Newark (EWR) to Miami (MIA) for $30 round-trip (also works in reverse):
West Palm Beach (PBI) to Newark (EWR) for $30 round-trip (also works in reverse):
Newark (EWR) to San Juan (SJU) for $58 round-trip (also works in reverse):
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). For more, check out our post on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo courtesy Kathryn Scott Osler/The Denver Post via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.